PDA

View Full Version : Email error

rizcorp
03-13-2004, 09:51 AM
I have been receiving this error any ideas:

Warning: mail(): SMTP server response: 451 See http://pobox.com/~djb/docs/smtplf.html. in D:\hshome\myuser\everestproductions.com\store\cata log\admin\includes\classes\email.php on line 502

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\hshome\myuser\everestproductions.com\store\cata log\admin\includes\classes\email.php:502) in D:\hshome\myuser\everestproductions.com\store\cata log\admin\includes\functions\general.php on line 86

maximus
05-26-2004, 03:10 AM
Did you ever get a resolutoin to this problem because I have the same thing?

jpf
05-26-2004, 05:15 AM
I did a search and found this tidbit of information that had the SAME error - but with a differnt application than OSC....

This may be related to your version of QMAIL
The version of Qmail your using is what will run under Hsphere.
So unfortunately you cannot upgrade until Hsphere is upgraded.

Just to clarify (so people don't get confused). This error is only being thrown up if you are using the PHP mailer function (which routes its email through QMAIL).

I have also seen where:

To solve this you need to replace \n with \r\n unless your host can add a module to the qmail email server to convert LF to CR LF. It is listed as a PHP Bug.
and

When trying to use the mail() function under windows based systems, do NOT forget to complete the 'sendmail_from' with your valid e-mail address in your php.ini file. If not, you won't be able to send mails to anyone but yourself.

Good Luck