PDA

View Full Version : PayPal IPN, PayPal Standard, Coupon & Gift Vouchers

srq
12-10-2009, 11:16 AM
I looks like there are a lot of threads, proposed fixes, mod updates, bug reports ... in relation to PayPal and Coupon/Gift Voucher modules. Some solutions and fixes are applied in SVN 1.2. Others solutions are scattered all the forum posts. Some of the fixes are outdated and will only make things worse if applied ...

Suggestion:
Can someone (developer, VIP, Moderator) post something in one place that advises users how to tackle known issue & fixes in a particular version of OscMax?

For example -
If you have OscMax v2.0.3 or v2.0.4, then you need to:
Update PayPal IPN Module to v###.
Update PayPal Standard to v###.
Make the following changes to the Coupon/Gift Voucher model ...
Make sure PayPal is in aggregate mode when using coupons ...

Also, for forum members that have posted issues and have found solutions, please take a moment to writeup a closing post that specifies what version of software you where using and how you resolved the issue.

pgmarshall
12-10-2009, 12:01 PM
Have you checked the Wiki for PayPal (http://wiki.oscdox.com/paypal)

and the SVN (http://code.google.com/p/oscmax2/source/detail?r=174) - best places to start ...

Regards,

srq
12-10-2009, 12:41 PM
PGM, yes I have checked the Wiki for PayPal. PayPal Wiki does not specify what version of OscMax it applies to and any interactions between PayPal and Coupon Module. Yes, I have checked SVN. I did a side by side diff between the SVN and v2.0.3. ... Very tedious effort.

All I am suggestion is to have a one place where users go to first to read an Expert's remedy and fixes to known issues that pertain to a particular version of OscMax.

I am talking about a very high level document that says, "If you are using OscMax v###, there is a know/confirmed issue in module XYZ and you need to go to this URL to apply a fix". From there, a user can go to suggested place where they can find and apply fixes to a given problem.

pgmarshall
12-10-2009, 01:12 PM
Okay! So which version of osCMax are you using and what problems have you got with it?

Regards,

srq
12-10-2009, 02:21 PM
PGM - I currently do not have any problems that I know of. I spent a lot of days doing detective work reading forum posts, Google searches, bug reports, wiki docs, Community add on ... applying fixes and suggestions here and there with not much luck... Finally, I think a lot of issues I had got fixed after I synchronized v2.0.03 with SVN 2.1.

My suggestion is not for a particular problem that I have but a general one that will benefit me in the future and other member of this community.

I am suggesting that someone knowledgeable in OscMax posts and maintains a very high level document that lists known issues in for example v2.0.3 and instruct where to find corresponding fixes. This could be as simple as a single post maybe in the Announcement section of this forum. That's all ...

pgmarshall
12-10-2009, 02:43 PM
srq,

Okay - sorry I mis-read your first post ... I thought you had an issue with your PayPal module rather than a general request for people to post their solutions to problems.

I would have thought the best place to put the instrcutions would be in the Wiki, since it is a colbrative document which is simple to update, but I know that Michael is rewriting the osCMax site to upgrade to drupal6 so it may be worth waiting for this upgrade to be completed.

Hopefully, known bugs should be reported to the bug tracker (http://bugtrack.oscmax.com/view_all_bug_page.php) for fixing ...

I do try and write up instructions for the solutions to the repetative questions on the forum into the Wiki (and in fact spent quite a lot of time writing the PayPal instruction since it a very common issue.)

Regards,