PDA

View Full Version : upgrade from oscommerce ms2 to oscdox 1.55

jloyzaga
02-25-2004, 04:53 AM
I have an existing site - no mods except coolmenu but its oscommerce ms2 and I have my new version of the site without all the products.

How can I upload the products - the ms2 version of easypopulate is different to the one on the new site - would be nice to be able to restore from old sites backup - any ideas?

I could always move the columns in old easypopulate to new format in new sites easypopulate but maybe theres a more foolproof way?

I would appreciate any help

Joe

jpf
02-25-2004, 06:51 AM
There is a perl script (mysqldiff.pl) in ALL versions of OSC (and MAX too) that you can "compare" 2 MYSQL databases (Such as your OLD database and a sample of the NEW database) and it will CREATE a Query (a diff file) that you can run on your OLD database to update ti to the NEW database format.

The OTHER option is to use your EP to export your OLD item and a SAMPLE out of the NEW database then in Excel/Access format the OLD one to match the NEW one.

Good Luck

jloyzaga
02-25-2004, 04:01 PM
How do you run the .pl script on a windows machine? and therefore when I run the program and get the diff file and update the old database I can then do a backup of the old db (now modified to look like new) and then restore the B/U over the top of the previous new db?

michael_s
02-25-2004, 04:19 PM
jloyzaga, you need to have perl installed on your windows system for it to run.

Usually what I do is run mysqldiff comparing max and the old db. Then I take the sql batch script that is generated and run it on a copy of the old db.

Then I export ALL data from the updated old DB to a batch script, except for the configuration data, and I write over/replace all data in the MAX db.

Anonymous
02-26-2004, 12:43 AM
luckily I also want the config stuff too - what do you mean "export ALL data from the updated old DB to a batch script" ?

jpf
02-26-2004, 06:09 AM
Just to make it easier for the Windows PEOPLE - here is the SAME perl script - but is compiled as a Windows Command Line Binary file (perl is not required to run the file!!!)

Click on the File Attachment in this message!

Unzip the mysqldiff.exe it to where ever and "run" it to get the command summary(instructions). The orginal unchanged PERL script is included for copywrite reasons. If you distribute it you need to send BOTH files.

Good Luck