PDA

View Full Version : Title Bar I know this has been asked before.....

Anonymous
02-23-2004, 06:54 AM
I have searched the forums several times.
I have seen all the answers to this question
How does one remove the OScommerce: prefix to the title?

I have used all the search terms suggested by the admin.

So far I have come up with the same answer in most queries, and while I really appreciate all the effort put into both this forum and the releases, I sense a modicum of frustration at repetitive questions.

The first thing most people do when looking for a solution is to search the forums, check the FAQ's and then post a query. Though admittedly not all.

I have administrated many forums, chat rooms etc. I often have been incensed or frustrated by others but a hurried response to a genuine cry for help is not help.

I just want a simple answer, I, like many who use these releases, have very little PHP mysql knowledge and therefore need more help than just "look in this file".
I would suggest that past forum answers be compiled into a FAQ for proper support. I would be glad to help in this respect, though obviously I don't understand enough yet.
I daresay when I have time to get to grips with this release, I will be answering the queries of others too, particularly since I am studying for an advanced webmaster course with Computeach.
At the moment I haven't even touched on PHP but have had to sort out a site for a friend's shop. Therefore this package is brilliant for me.
Also the forum has a short memory span, often when I am looking through the results and trying out suggestions found, i return to the search results after several minutes and they are no longer available meaning re-searching and wading through results again till the last post is found.
I need help. (but hey who doesn't)

billybeag
02-23-2004, 06:59 AM
In the time it took to write the above I also got logged out.

Anonymous
02-23-2004, 07:24 AM
Grrrrr I have found the relevant entry, for some reason dreamweavermx didn't finsd any of the terms I searched for.
This latest release of dreamweaver is doing my head in.
BTW the entry is on line 48 (not 38) of the /catalog/includes/languages/english.php file on the latest release.

michael_s
02-23-2004, 01:44 PM
Instead of using the forum as your first line of searching, use the oscdox guide.

The OSCdox guide has this question answered, and many more. Simply by doing a search in the guide for 'title bar' will bring up the exact solution to your question. Try it out. Also, feel free to browse through the guide at your leisure.