PDA

View Full Version : Windows SMTP Email

artangconsulting
02-18-2004, 07:31 PM
Hi All,
I need to do developement and testing locally on my Windows Xp before uploading to my host. I've set everything up and things are working great except for email. Here are my questions:

1. Is there a send_mail application for windows I can install or an alternative? Installing Linux is not an option :) as much as I like that os.

2. Once I've got things working on my machine can someone tell me which files are customized to my environment that I will have to change once I go to my host environment.

Thanks in advance.
Saviz

michael_s
02-18-2004, 09:03 PM
1.You need to set up an smtp server on your xp box. Google SMTP for Windows XP and you should find a bunch, some free, some not.

2. /catalog/includes/configure.php and /catalog/admin/includes/configure.php

artangconsulting
02-19-2004, 04:32 PM
Thanks for the info. I did a google for SMTP for windows XP. It turns out windows xp has smtp already. I couldn't figure out how to use it. Looking at the docs it seemed that it didn't have a command line for me to use to send mail so that I can place that in the php files to use when trying to send email. Perhaps I can communicate with it via VB but I hate to do that. Do you know of any specific apps that I can download and install for this?

artangconsulting
02-24-2004, 06:03 PM
I just wanted to let you know I downloaded mailenable from mailenable.com and it works great for this purpose. In fact given all the other options I saw out there for SMTP this one was the easiest to install and use and they have a free personal version you can install on windows os's. Works like a charm out of the box.

Saviz