Website Payments Standard - Shop name
PayPal Website Payments Pro (UK) Direct Payments - Shop name
PayPal Website Payments Pro (UK) Express Checkout - no description

Anyone else got this issue?
Regards

EJ

ridexbuilder
08-13-2009, 01:25 PM
Nobody else come across this email issue?
It's the final piece of the puzzle to get a working Standard/Direct/Express solution (hopefully).

ridexbuilder
08-15-2009, 03:32 AM
Still need assistance with this. Otherwise it's a third attempt at trying to get the Dynamo Effects integrated into 'Max :-(

pgmarshall
08-15-2009, 04:02 AM
Ridexbuilder,

What do you mean by 'description line' - in the email confirm?

All my email confirms have order update, order process, etc.

Or do you mean somewhere else?

Regards,

ridexbuilder
08-15-2009, 04:29 AM
Here's an example of a confirmation of sale from PayPal Standard: (note Shop Name is in description - sorry about the formatting of the text) Express shows no order detail.
ie. Subject: Notification of Payment Received

Buyer
Mr xxx xxxx
[email protected]
01234 0123456

Instructions to merchant
The buyer hasn't entered any instructions.

Shipping address - unconfirmed
tester testing
12 a street
Big City, AGS
zz99 9zz
United Kingdom

Postage details
You haven’t added any postage details.

Description Unit price Qty Amount
xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx 0.01 GBP 1 0.01 GBP
Subtotal 0.01 GBP
Postage and packing 0.01 GBP
Total £0.02 GBP

Payment £0.02 GBP
Payment sent to [email protected]
Invoice ID: 2

ridexbuilder
08-15-2009, 04:51 AM
Just to clarify:
I'm using the latest SVN of 2.0.3 with only my Slimbox Mopics mod. and a few changes to css.
Out-of-the-box payment modules for PayPal:
PayPal Website Payments Standard
PayPal Website Payments Pro (UK) Direct Payments
PayPal Website Payments Pro (UK) Express Checkout

ridexbuilder
09-01-2009, 04:02 PM
Maybe try to tackle this a different way:
Can someone tell me the module versions of the above (and location?), to see if there are any updates to the ones supplied in 'Max?

MindTwist
09-02-2009, 12:03 AM
I am still unable to understand what is the problem...

ridexbuilder
09-02-2009, 01:11 AM
Whenever an order is placed by a customer, a confirmation email is sent to the shop owner, to notify that a sale has been made.
The contents of this email not only show the name/address details of the customer and how they paid but also (one might think), should show the details of the product(s) that have been purchased. Yes, it is possible to tediously trace back the customer and/or order number back to the 'Max Admin, to retrieve the order, however having details in the email is so much easier.

I would've thought that the description column in the confirmation email should list the items that were purchased. Instead the following occurs, depending on the payment method that the customer used:

Website Payments Standard - Shop name (I guess the owner already knows this)
PayPal Website Payments Pro (UK) Direct Payments - Shop name (not a lot of use)
PayPal Website Payments Pro (UK) Express Checkout - no description (ie. blank/nothing/zero/ziltch)

Brevity is my normal, hopefully verbosity will make things clearer. ;)

EJ

MindTwist
09-02-2009, 02:43 AM
The Paypal modules have their own email sending code in them. They do not use the default store code on checkout_process.php, but have their own code for sending the emails (I always wondered why), so any changes you do on that code on checkout_process.php usually have to be done manually on the Paypal payments modules.

You should compare the code on checkout_process.phpand on your payment modules, to do whatever changes need to be done on them so they will all send the messages exactly the same.

ridexbuilder
09-02-2009, 03:03 AM
This is what I've been trying to do and not succeeding - hence asking for assistance.

The point is, these are the standard 'Max supplied modules (not one's installed from some other place). They are what is supplied out-of-the-box, with no modifications. They don't appear to work correctly and that is why I was enquiring if any updated modules might be available.

It does seem strange that no one else appears to have issues - you'd think somebody else would use them.

MindTwist
09-02-2009, 03:35 AM
Reading all the posts again, I think I still do not fully understand the issue.

When a purchase is done with another module, all goes ok, but when a purchase is done with one of Paypal's modules, instead of the items descriptions you get on the order messages YOUR STORE NAME?

And, from your third post and Google, this all happens when trying to integrate "Dynamo Effects" on your store, which seems it is a one page checkout module?

ridexbuilder
09-02-2009, 04:49 AM
When a purchase is done with another module, all goes ok, but when a purchase is done with one of Paypal's modules, instead of the items descriptions you get on the order messages YOUR STORE NAME?Yes, the name of the store appears in the description line. Not for "PayPal Website Payments Pro (UK) Express Checkout", which displays NOTHING.

And, from your third post and Google, this all happens when trying to integrate "Dynamo Effects" on your store, which seems it is a one page checkout module? - you're mixing things up.

Apologies if you find this confusing in the same thread. I'll try to rephrase.
1. My clients' current site is using osCommerce and we want to migrate them to oscMax.
2. Dynamo Effects' combined PayPal module works perfectly in osCommerce.
3. I've tried on a number of occasions to integrate Dynamo Effects' module (because it works!) to 'Max but the templating is so different that I get tied in knots. [Translation: I am not up to the task].
4. What appears obvious to me is to get the supplied oscMax modules to actually work, rather than introduce a different payment module. However, I have been struggling to get assistance for this specific payment method.

The reference to Website Payments Standard was purely to illustrate that it is not just the WPP modules that have this issue.

Ultimately, which method is used is irrelevant, we just need a working WPP (UK) solution.

pgmarshall
09-22-2009, 12:34 PM
EJ,

Did you fix your Paypal Issue yet?

I have just tried a different PayPal module (standard) and I think I get a pretty normal output via email ... see below ...

CottonBarn
------------------------------------------------------
Order Number: 90
Detailed Invoice: Cookie Usage : CottonBarn (http://www.cottonbarn.info/account_history_info.php?order_id=90)
Date Ordered: Tuesday 22 September, 2009

Products
3 x Aspen bread basket blue (ASPBBB) = £20.97
1 x Terry Cloth (07TJW) = £1.14
1 x Nantucket Blue Apron (NTA) = £13.79
Sub-Total: £35.90
Flat Rate (Best Way): £4.95
Total: £40.85

Delivery Address
Giles Marshall
xxx Address Removed by me xxx

Billing Address
Giles Marshall
xxx Address Removed by me xxx

Payment Method
PayPal Website Payments StandardWhich module are you specifically having problems with?

Regards,

ridexbuilder
09-22-2009, 01:58 PM
Yep, that's what you expect to see in a confirmation email to the customer. It's the one that goes to the shop owner. [Or am I totally losing it and it's the other way round :confused:] The format is different, see my example, please.

Instead of

Aspen bread basket blue (ASPBBB) 6.99 GBP 3 20.97 GBP
Terry Cloth (07TJW) 1.14 GBP 1 1.14 GBP
Nantucket Blue Apron (NTA) 13.79 GBP 1 13.79 GBP
------------------------------------------------------You'd get

Cottonbarn
------------------------------------------------------With WPP (UK) Express, you'd get

pgmarshall
09-22-2009, 03:06 PM
EJ,

Nope - I don't get what you get! Which is odd as I have not changed this at all - I haven't done all the payment stuff yet!

How are you getting the emails sent to you?

Are you using Admin --> Configuration --> Send Extra Order Email To --> Your [email protected] address?

Or something else? I have set up, to try and help you out, a few of the PayPal modules and using this extra email function I get an identical copy as the customer ... I think!

Regards,

ridexbuilder
09-22-2009, 03:55 PM
Can you give me a "rain check"?
Just done a test PayPal Express (UK) payment in 2.1, which appears to be OK. (caveat - see below)
A bit late (UK time) to be trying other stuff out but will look tomorrow, in more depth.
Thanks

ridexbuilder
09-23-2009, 06:19 AM
Currently testing with 2.0.3:
I've changed the shop email to one of my own.
Have purchased using...

PayPal (including Credit Cards and Debit Cards)
PayPal Express [WPP - UK]
Credit or Debit Card [WPP - UK Direct]

However, I'm not getting shop emails to say a sale has been made :-(
In addition, it looks as though the 'Extra order' email is that which is sent to the customer, not the shop one - which causes more confusion.
It's the lack of details in the shop email, where the problems arise.

pgmarshall
09-23-2009, 07:07 AM
Come to think of it - I am not sure I get a store owners email saying an order has been sent ... but I thought that was what the extra email field was for ...

As for the email output from osCmax ... (and most of the oscommerce variants) ... it is all in plain text ... which is fine but I think most people these days have html compliant email clients.

So, I installed a mod to allow html output ... details here (http://www.oscmax.com/forums/oscmax-v2-customization-mods/19398-email-advice.html).

Regards,

ridexbuilder
09-23-2009, 07:14 AM
it is all in plain text
My preferred (non-virus carrying) preference ;)

[Opened a more generic email post, which is related but doesn't get to the heart of this issue.]

michael_s
09-23-2009, 02:18 PM
Just to clarify:There is no separate/specific email generated or sent to a shop owner when an order is made.

The "extra order email" just sends a copy of the sales receipt that goes to a customer for an order to an additional email address.

ridexbuilder
10-01-2009, 02:10 PM
Haven't forgotten/didn't mean to ignore - still haven't managed to get in touch with my osC client to clarify the email situation.

bethbud
07-07-2010, 06:32 PM
I am having this same issue.
The email I receive (the 'extra order email') does not tell me what product the customer ordered.
This issue was not present in OsComm....I am only having it since using OsMax