PDA

View Full Version : I must be stupid!

Kristine
02-08-2004, 07:26 PM
I read and read and read for the last week,
so tonight I try to install max and here's what I get:
Store:
It's there but with errors

arning: session_start(): open(/tmp\sess_c51a4f6c29609a0df10cbe517a8c4ba4, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in c:\web\catalog\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at c:\web\catalog\includes\functions\sessions.php:67) in c:\web\catalog\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at c:\web\catalog\includes\functions\sessions.php:67) in c:\web\catalog\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 67
Warning: The sessions directory does not exist: /tmp. Sessions will not work until this directory is created.

Admin:
it's not even there, just a big page of errors!

Warning: session_start(): open(/tmp\sess_8a53f8be9144b813291a3ea6df336df4, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in c:\web\catalog\admin\includes\functions\sessions.p hp on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at c:\web\catalog\admin\includes\functions\sessions.p hp:67) in c:\web\catalog\admin\includes\functions\sessions.p hp on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at c:\web\catalog\admin\includes\functions\sessions.p hp:67) in c:\web\catalog\admin\includes\functions\sessions.p hp on line 67

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\web\catalog\admin\includes\functions\sessions.p hp:67) in c:\web\catalog\admin\includes\functions\general.ph p on line 86

Warning: Unknown(): open(/tmp\sess_8a53f8be9144b813291a3ea6df336df4, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

I *thought* I followed the directions to the letter??
this is a local install btw. mysql/phpmyadmin/apache

michael_s
02-08-2004, 11:53 PM
Kristine, you are on windows, you can create a c:\tmp dir and make it writable, or you can store sessions in the database.

Both will solve your issue.

Kristine
02-09-2004, 05:45 AM
ok, I'll try that, thanks:)

Kristine
02-09-2004, 05:51 AM
alrighty, that worked! Thanks again, for some reason I thought the /tmp folder was supposed to be in my c:/web ??

Anonymous
03-12-2004, 02:33 PM
Kristine, you are on windows, you can create a c:\tmp dir and make it writable, or you can store sessions in the database.

Both will solve your issue.

sorry but i tried to make a dir on c and d (drive:\tmp but nothing seems to work!!

obewanz
03-13-2004, 09:44 AM
You'll also need to check your php.ini file located in the winnt directory and make sure it is set correctly as well.
OPTION 1:

[[clipped for brevity]]
; Argument passed to save_handler. In the case of files, this is the path
; where data files are stored. Note: Windows users have to change this
; variable in order to use PHP's session functions.
session.save_path = D:\inetpub\PHP\
[[clipped for brevity]]

Then you could create your tmp folder under the PHP folder which also would cause the variable files to remain outside your web directory, but not on your system drive.

OPTION 2:
Erase the value in the settings field manually then start the application.

NOTE:
It is NOT recommended to use the store sessions to files if you are running a virtual machine with multiple stores, regardless of whether they are production and/or test stores. <-- I read this somewhere...

Good Luck!
Obewan