PDA

View Full Version : HELP Hear About Us mod database table not defined

Huski
06-28-2009, 09:19 PM
Installed the mod - How_Did_You_Hear_1.5.2. Everything perfect - it is actually working but there is a problem in the admin site - has anyone installed this and had the same problem.

There is a sources_other table that definitely exists and is populated but why is the code referring to table_sources_other - is this an error as there are lots of instances of it.

Also, can't find anywhere in the admin where I can manipulate the drop down box hear about us items.

Help as I can't see my customers

-------------------------
Customers
1146 - Table 'XXXX.TABLE_SOURCES_OTHER' doesn't exist

select sources_other_name as sources_name from TABLE_SOURCES_OTHER where customers_id = '19'

[TEP STOP]
-------------------------

michael_s
06-29-2009, 06:57 AM
You missed an installation step. Look over the instructions, there is a step that has you edit the admin/includes/database_tables.php file, you need to add a constant for TABLE_SOURCES_OTHER that matches the name of the table.

Huski
06-29-2009, 04:53 PM
Hi Michael,

Have gone through and installed it all again - still get the same error. In the database_tables.php I have added the 2 lines as per the instructions:

------------------###############---------------------
In catalogadminincludesdatabase_tables.php

Add:
define('TABLE_SOURCES', 'sources'); //rmh referrals
define('TABLE_SOURCES_OTHER', 'sources_other'); //rmh referrals
---------------------------------------------------------------

and still get the same error.

The tables are definitely in the database and populated from the front end. I have no idea where else to look

Cheers

Huski
06-29-2009, 05:16 PM
Been through it all again for the 3rd time - still no luck.

the other thing I can't find in the admin is where to actually change or add the Hear about us items - there is no link to click on - not sure where to do this and it doesn't mention anything in the instructions as far as I can see.
GEtting no responses on the official forum either.

Huski
06-29-2009, 05:43 PM
Ok - got it working now in the Admin - can see the referrals under customers which is good - don't know what I did but it now works.

But, still not showing anywhere in the admin is somewhere where you can change or add to the Heard About Us items.

jpf
06-30-2009, 12:50 AM
Your admin LEVEL may not be setup to display that option.

Administrator => File Access
Click on the box you want it added to. then use the Store Files button and add the fle you want osCMax to "allow access" to.

Then to setup specific user groups to see it on there menus
Administrator => Member Groups => Groups
Select the group to change and click "NEW Permissions".

Huski
06-30-2009, 01:10 AM
Thanks a lot - learn something every day .

Did all that and can see the reports on hear about us sources. Only thing is I can't find the file or anywhere where you can actually add the sources via the admin. Will keep looking but eluding me so far.

Cheers

Huski
06-30-2009, 03:59 AM
Don't worry - all sorted - going a bit batty after staring at the code for hours :)

Thanks again