PDA

View Full Version : README FILE??

Anonymous
02-02-2004, 07:23 AM
k, I d/l max and read the readme, I'd love to see the original readme for install instructions ect. Where the heck is it?? It says in original contribution zip?? I assume it's in one of those zips but which one?

jpf
02-02-2004, 08:30 AM
All the orginal contributions are included with MS2-MAX - These would also include the orginal DOCS, INSTALL, and README files (IF *and that is a BIG IF* they existed)

Look in the 'contributions' directory for the orginal ZIP files.

NOTE: Most contributions have been modified or code has been moved for use with BTS and to work with other mods in MAX - so don't blindly copy the orginal code and paste it into MAX.

Anonymous
02-02-2004, 11:02 AM
What contribution zips would be considered original then? This is my first look at MAX so I have no idea what came before what's there now?

OK, maybe a stupid question (hey I'm new to all this, I only learned html basics this year!) what is BTS?

jpf
02-02-2004, 12:25 PM
The orginal code that was used to incorporate into osCommerce MS2 version to make MS2-MAX.

BTS - is short for Basic Template System. With this you can edit these "templates" it in ANY HTML editor of your choise (like Dreamwaver or Pagemill or FrontPage etc) with out mucking manually through the php code.

Anonymous
02-02-2004, 01:43 PM
aaaaaah very cool! thanks!