PDA

View Full Version : Wishlist-2.0.1

glynn
01-19-2004, 12:21 PM
Has anyone managed to install this mod as I realy need this to work for me.
I've had a look at the files and they seem some what different from the MS2-MAX 1.5.5
Can anyone help as I'm not sure where to start.

innovations
01-19-2004, 04:21 PM
Good question, I have planned to install this contrib just after I finish a few things on the task I am presently working on.

*BUMP*

glynn
01-20-2004, 10:59 AM
As far as I can see the only files I need to change are application_top and
product_info the other files are just new files I add.
application_top seems straight forward to change but the wish list product_ info is huge against the oscdox one.

glynn
01-25-2004, 03:44 PM
I have managed to install the Wishlist 2.0.1 and everything works except the email. I can see no sign of that or how to call it.
Can anyone help?

maverick
01-30-2004, 07:01 AM
Open wishlist.php inside the catalog/includes/languages/english directory and add the following line:

define('BOX_TEXT_SEND', 'Send to a friend');

Open wishlist.php inside the catalog/includes/modules/wishlist directory and look for lines 58-60:

//rs $customer_wishlist_string .= '<tr><td colspan="3" align="right" class="smallText"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST, '','NONSSL') . '"><u>' . BOX_TEXT_VIEW . '</u> [+]</a></td></tr>' . "\n";
// $customer_wishlist_string .= '<tr><td colspan="3" align="right" class="smallText"><a href="javascript:popupWindowWishlist(\'' . tep_href_link('popup_' . FILENAME_WISHLIST_HELP, '','NONSSL') . '\')"><u>'. BOX_HEADING_CUSTOMER_WISHLIST . ' Help</u> [?]</a></td></tr>' . "\n"; // Popup link
//rs $customer_wishlist_string .= '<tr><td colspan="3" align="right" class="smallText"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST_HELP, '','NONSSL') . '"><u>' . BOX_TEXT_HELP . '</u> [?]</a></td></tr>' . "\n"; // Normal link

and replace it with the following lines:

$customer_wishlist_string .= '<tr><td colspan="3" align="center" class="smallText"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST, '','NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_TEXT_VIEW . '</a> | ' . "\n";
$customer_wishlist_string .= '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST_HELP, '','NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_TEXT_HELP . '</a><br>' . "\n";
$customer_wishlist_string .= '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST_SEND, '','NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_TEXT_SEND . '</a></td></tr>' . "\n"; // Normal link

You will now have a Send to a friend link inside your My Wishlist infobox.

maverick
01-30-2004, 07:23 AM
Open wishlist_email.php and edit line 45:

$wishliststring .= $resultarray[1]."\n" . HTTP_SERVER ."/product_info.php/products_id/".$resultarray[0] . "\n\n";

like this:

$wishliststring .= $resultarray[1]."\n" . HTTP_SERVER ."/product_info.php?products_id=".$resultarray[0] . "\n\n";

This will correct the links to the products that will be sent to your friend via email.

maverick
01-30-2004, 08:49 AM
To display the "Send your wishlist to a friend" input box in the main wish list page, open wishlist.php in the /catalog directory and do the following:

a. cut lines 133-135

<?php
if ($wishlist_numrows > 0 && (PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '2' || PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '3')) {
?>

b. and move them below this line (#162):

<!-- tell_a_friend_eof //-->

c. add </form> on top of <!-- tell_a_friend_eof //-->

maverick
01-30-2004, 08:56 AM
To store owners who want to add the wish list feature in their site, I have written the installation instructions specifically for MS2-MAX 1.5.5 using Wishlist 2.0.1

glynn
01-30-2004, 02:06 PM
Thanks Guys. I thought nobody was interested so I managed to work things out for myself. This has helped me check things and will be of use to others. 8)

Anonymous
02-02-2004, 09:12 AM
If the links in your email do not work, "Ref: Mavericks post on Jan 30" try this.

$wishliststring .= $resultarray[1]."\n" . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG ."product_info.php?products_id=" . $resultarray[0] . "\n\n";

It worked for me.

maverick
02-02-2004, 05:04 PM
Use this snippet if you installed your shop in a different directory or if you have multiple copies of osCommerce running on one domain.

If the links in your email do not work, "Ref: Mavericks post on Jan 30" try this.

$wishliststring .= $resultarray[1]."\n" . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG ."product_info.php?products_id=" . $resultarray[0] . "\n\n";

It worked for me.

SWILLIAMS
02-04-2004, 10:06 AM
I have managed to convert wishlist.php and wishlist_help.php to BTS format but I am having trouble with the wishlist_email.php file. Anyone managed to convert this file?

Note Wishlist uses a button and comes with a button in the standard osc style. Does anyone have a Wishlist button in the same style used in MAX.

Also note, if you have added the send to a friend option in previous posts you may wish to change the answer to the last question in the Wishlist help.

SWILLIAMS
02-17-2004, 04:19 AM
Regarding my previous post, I have now managed to convert Wishlist to BTS format and create a new Wishlist button in the same style as Max.

Anonymous
05-09-2004, 09:19 AM
Could you post the wish list files you've converted to BTS. I need the same thing, but am stuck trying to make it work.

Thanks.

operadivamommy
09-07-2004, 04:23 PM
I tried downloading the text file above and it comes up empty. Could someone send it to me?

I had to reinstall my entire shop today after attempting to figure out how to install the wishlist.

Laura

bleu
11-30-2004, 05:45 AM
Is anyone using this mod with MS Max 1.7?

duntuk
03-22-2005, 12:03 PM
yeah... i'd like to know that too..