PDA

View Full Version : Install Problems

doug.adams
01-10-2004, 01:21 PM
:roll: I am having the same install problem as the other people here. I can't seem to understand why I can find a doucumet on how to install the software everywere. But no document telling me how or what to set up my system state and permissions. All I see is answers its a system problem not a software problem. Well how about some instite to setting up the system per the requirements.

Thanks, just tired of not my problem.

Doug Adams

michael_s
01-10-2004, 07:35 PM
doug.adams, all it takes is a look around.

See the link that says oscdox guide on the left? Click it.. you will see all kinds of instructions.

In case you get bogged down in all the pages, here are 2 direct links for you:

http://oscdox.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpWiki&file=index&pag ename=Chapter%203%20Detailed%20Installation%20Inst ructions

http://oscdox.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpWiki&file=index&pag ename=Chapter%206%20SSH%20Installation

See, this site is the home of the OSCDOX guide, which has all the info you are looking for. Tells you minimum system requirements, recommeded configuration, file and dir permissions, where to upload to...

Oh, it is not 'Not my problem" it is "RTFM" I only spent about a year compiling all the info, so please read it before complaining. Since you only have one post, I will chalk it up to newbie frustration.

Anonymous
01-11-2004, 07:11 AM
Thanks you for the reply. I respect the time and effort you put into the manul. I did read it, every word at leat twice. I have been scouring over it again since my first post here. Several people are having this problem and have posted here.

When I find the problem, and I will, I will post it here to help others as well. I was just tired when I posted here. As you say newbie frustraion.

You have done an excellat job with the manuals. I was expeting and error code of somekind the install script not a hang.

doug adams

michael_s
01-11-2004, 04:35 PM
doug.adams, did those threads help you? Just want to make sure you q was answered...