PDA

View Full Version : translation exchangs

nostradamus
12-15-2008, 03:52 AM
everybody who has more then one language in their shop. knows the pain of translating the info pages/extra text in their shop.

now i have an idea:

if a English shop needs a dutch translation of some text.
and a dutch shop needs a proper English translation.

why not exchanges text/files? the English shop admin checks the grammar en context of the crude English translation of the dutch shop.and the dutch admin translates the English text to dutch

ones you have a proper English translation. you can exchange the English files to any language in exchange for translating text/file in your native language.

its a cheap solution to the $$$$$ translations company's

jpf
12-16-2008, 08:20 PM
What your siggestion is call CONTRIBUTIONS - there are many available and people want other people to contribute. However - for many things you can't take what some one translated - as it may not apply to your site. IE "About us" pages etc....

If you have a language other than English and have made translation in another language or correction in spanish or german (included in oscmax) - feel free to post them in the PROJECTS of our website.

nostradamus
12-17-2008, 12:19 AM
What your siggestion is call CONTRIBUTIONS - there are many available and people want other people to contribute. However - for many things you can't take what some one translated - as it may not apply to your site. IE "About us" pages etc....

If you have a language other than English and have made translation in another language or correction in spanish or german (included in oscmax) - feel free to post them in the PROJECTS of our website.

that i know i mean the text on your main page en info pages

when you use translation software for text. it get poorly translated.

some words have multiple meanings
some words are offending in another language
the text is hard to read.

this means you lose costumers

jpf
12-17-2008, 01:41 PM
Well - to tell you the truth - my info pages (Shipping & Returns/Privacy Notice/Conditions of Use) will be surely different than say Microsoft's or CNN.com's or even the local grease monkey shop down the street.

Yes the auto translated ones do not follow the comprehension translation very well - they follow the technical and literal translation.

If you want to sell in a language that you are not familiar with, and need some one to look over thing like that - then there are services for that. But the real question is - if you do multi-lingual in your shopping cart - you need to have some one you can count on to work with your customers in that language.