PDA

View Full Version : Is there A Product Attribute Option Type Mod for MS2-MAX?

klyder
12-03-2003, 12:21 PM
Howdy!
Is there a mod available specifically for MS2-MAX 1.5 that will instruct me on how to add Product Attribute Options such as text boxes and radio buttons(instead of just having option-list selections as in the initial installation)?

I know that there is a contribution for MS2 (non-Max) that does this, but I'm a newbie to osCommerce and so, before I go hacking code, I want to be sure that there isn't already a better way to accomplish this.

Here's the name and URL of that contribution:

Product Attributes - Option Type Feature
http://www.OpenStoreSolutions.com/option_type_contribution.php

Thanks in advance,
klyder

michael_s
01-17-2004, 01:37 AM
klyder, Just finished this mod update. You can get it here:

http://oscdox.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=1907

red_fraggle
03-05-2004, 01:42 AM
does this work with easypopulate?

Cliff...

michael_s
03-05-2004, 07:27 AM
red_fraggle, AFAIK easypopulate does not handle attributes at all.

NickW
07-06-2004, 10:15 AM
The "Option Type Feature v1.6 for MS2-MAX v1.5.5" has been so useful! I did extend the function tep_draw_checkbox_field in html_output.php to handle disabled and checked checkboxes for fixed additional charges. I found that they don't post their values so I extended the function to also draw a hidden text field with the same name and value, and that does post ok.

function tep_draw_checkbox_field($name, $value = '', $checked = false, $parameters = '', $required = false) {

$field = tep_draw_selection_field($name, 'checkbox', $value, $checked, $parameters, $required);

// disabled checked checkboxes do not post values therefore need an associated hidden text field.
if ($checked == true && $parameters == 'disabled') {
$field.= tep_draw_hidden_field($name, $value);
}

return $field;
}

robroymedia
07-07-2004, 01:28 AM
I don't seem to be able to get this mod to work, I've followed the instructions (twice!) and when I add anything but a select type option it always shows as a select type??

Any clues as to where to start looking for the problem please.

Thanks in advance

robroymedia
07-07-2004, 02:34 AM
Ok, managed to get it working (well almost) - slight typo in the config file :oops: , now when I have two radio buttons against a product they are both selected and I can't de-select either of them??

Any clues folks
Thanks again in advance
Rob.

Anonymous
07-07-2004, 03:16 AM
All working OK now, setting up the options incorrectly! :oops: AGAIN!

Thanks to all
Rob.

Anonymous
07-08-2004, 06:51 AM
Help robroy, ive been having the same problem (select type always showing up) what did you do to fix??

Anonymous
07-10-2004, 09:44 AM
same here, any chance you could put together a read_me_fix for this issue??

Thanks a ton!