PDA

View Full Version : WYSIWYG editor 1.7 problem

benmkeller
12-02-2003, 08:01 PM
I am having a problem that i can't seem to track down with the htmlarea wysiwyg editor. when i try to place an image, I am unable to upload images or create directories, and it does not list the contents of the images directory. So i think that i need to tell it where it is, but i don't know what to change to make that happen. i found a line in the config.inc.php that seems to depict the correct directory, and it has the correct path to the includes/configure.php... i hard coded the fs path to the directory and have the same result...

The wysiwyg editor seems to work in all other respects.

Any help appreciated!!!

kodersoftware
12-02-2003, 09:12 PM
i'm not sure if i understand the problem, but I'll give this a shot. when you click the image button, you should get a dialog box that allows you to click browse, and then upload an image. when you click browse, you should be seeing directories on your local machine, not the images directory on the server. secondly, after you have picked the image which you want to upload, if it says that the image could not be created on the server, then it is because you haven't set write permissions for all users to whatever directory it puts images to (not sure what that is at the moment).

hope i've been a little helpful. if not, explain more.

benmkeller
12-02-2003, 10:01 PM
After I click on the insert image button it shows me the dialog, in the dialog, in the upper left pane, i see the word 'image root' with none of the files listed, on the other side i see no preview available, i assume because i cannot select an image in the left pane.

so I can not select an image that is already on the server in the catalog/images dir, which i believe is the 'image root' dir for the editor.

I can upload files to that directory using the file manager in oscommerce, and create directories, as well as delete, so i know that i have the permissions set correctly for this function to work.

Also, when i browse and select an image in the dialog, and hit upload, it sits for a moment, presumably uploading the file, then says
"file 'filename' could not be created" in a small pop up dialog.
I have the same result when i try to create a directory.

in the file config.inc.php i replaced

define("IMAGE_DIR", trim(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES));

with

define("IMAGE_DIR", "/home/planet/www/catalog/images/");

to see if it wasn't picking up the variables from the configure.php file, but i have the same result....

so between the time i started this post and the time i ended it, i figured it out...

the www directory was an alias!!!
apparently php didn't like that...

instead of
/home/planet/www/catalog/images/
i put this in
/home/planet/public_html/catalog/images/
and now it works!

brough
07-27-2004, 07:04 PM
In an attempt to clarify the problem:
in htmlarea, click the "add image" icon next to the "add link" icon. You will be presented with an empty images directory from which to select your image. The program is pointing at the wrong place.

How does one fix this?

brough
07-30-2004, 08:53 PM
Bemkeller's Dec 03 posting is correct.

Get your images directory from includes/configure.php and paste it as per the posting above into
admin/htmlarea/popups/config.inc.php

hobbyhen
09-05-2004, 11:32 AM
From a clean installation, I'm having the exact same problem.

Following the directions from above, I changed the html area's popup config file, but shouldn't this be configured correctly right from installation?

Also, i think this oscmax 1.7 is great so far, but what about any auto-generation of thumbnails? or auto image optimization with image magic?

dweeble
09-25-2004, 07:11 PM
Hello
When trying to attach an image to the document I just see the blank outline of the image ? no picture.
Anyone know how to solve this error ?
Mike

Got the HTMLAREA editor working to show the image file names with adding the below to the config.ini.php.
// DocumentRoot of your webserver.
define("IMAGE_DIR", trim(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . "images/"));
define("IMAGE_URL", trim(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . "images/"));

soupn
10-28-2004, 05:31 AM
Hello, i´m having a strange problem. I´ve installed MS2 MAX 1.7 normaly, i try to enter a produt, wysiwyg works right for product description, but simply does not appear for adding image. I just get the field Image and Search button.

Any help?

pithlett
10-28-2004, 08:22 AM
What browser are you using. WYSIWYG 1.7 only really works with IE6

Rick

battleaxe
10-30-2004, 07:37 AM
hey Ben

Many thanks for your solution, a bit of a lifesaver, I was beginning to think it was me!
At last I can send proper html emails. Another problem though, the little pop up windoes that give the hex charts are too smal. I have tried making them bigger in >htmlarea>pop ups, but it doesnt seem to have any effect. any help on this greatly appreciated
cheers
Kim