PDA

View Full Version : Error when trying to edit customer info



Nugar
11-05-2003, 06:24 PM
Hi all,

When I try to edit the customer info, I get these two errors and quite frankly I don't know what to do about it:

Warning: reset(): Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/panamart/public_html/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/panamart/public_html/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 18

Any clues as to how to solve this?

best regards,

Nugar

Nugar
11-06-2003, 04:56 PM
Ok, I found out that this error occurs after I import my customer base via phpmyadmin. Something seems to be incompatible, but what? I don't have the slightest idea.

This happens even if I import only one random customer.

This, to say the least is annoying, since I do have a working site and I want to use my existing users in the new one.

Any clues at all?

Nugar
11-06-2003, 05:07 PM
Even more, I checked and the table definitions are exactly the same, exact same fields, etc. No reason for this error, yet it appears!

Also, all the info for the user appears empty. And the only user I created using the catalog interface works fine...

Nugar
11-07-2003, 03:35 AM
Well, thanks for all the help. I found what it is and I'm still trying to correct the issue. The good news (to me) is that new customers are not affected with this error.

michael_s
11-07-2003, 09:48 AM
Nugar, no reason to have an attitude problem. We are not all here to serve you. If anyone had anything to offer, they would have. That should tell you your problem is specific to you. I am very busy, so when I get a chance, I answer as many posts as I can. Be patient and people will help.

Why not upgrade your existing db to the MS2-MAX format instead of trying to import the data? The tables are not identical, and the field lengths are different for some of the fields. Use mysqldiff to compare your existing db to the ms2-max db and generate an upgrade batch script. Then run that script through a phpmyadmin query. Make sure you don't do the upgrade on your exisitng DB, but on a backup copy. That way if you have problems, your original is safe.

Anonymous
11-11-2003, 11:58 AM
I am having this same problem. I have tried to run mysqldiff, but I can't get it to work. I am not that great at linux. I installed mysqldiff from Cpanel's WHM. But I can't get it to run.

Doesn't anyone already have a file that reflects the differences between the MS1 and Max 1.5?

I have traced the database problems to a changing of the order of the fields in the address book table and the id numbering scheme for the address book entries. But after fixing that I still get the above error on customer records from the old database.

I tried to login with my own customer login and it rejected my password. So requested a new one. The new one worked, when I logged in and looked in my address book the primary address is blank. But my address was listed as the first address book entry. So I made the first address book entry the primary and that fixed the problem on that record.

I can't see any problem in the database visually. It seems to have something to do with the country, because the country is not displayed for the old records in the Customer list in the admin.

If only I could login to each customers account and make their first address book entry the primary. It seems to fix it.

Tracy

michael_s
11-11-2003, 12:36 PM
See, cruical info was left out of this thread until now.

When it is an upgrade from an existing DB, it is VERY important that you mention it. The problem is most likely that you did not change the 'Address Book' numbers to properly match each other in the customers table and the addressbook table.

The new address book table (ms2-max) makes the number a primary key, which means it must be unique. This changes the numbering, and it must be matched in customer data in the customer table...

Anonymous
11-11-2003, 01:32 PM
I had the address id and the customer id correct, what I missed was the customer_default_address id. I cross referenced it and fixed the differences and now it works great.

Anonymous
11-11-2003, 08:24 PM
Oops that was me, I always forget not to use the quick reply. Well, I finished all the edits and it is working fine now.

Anonymous
11-13-2003, 12:01 PM
I am actually having this exact same error situation, and my customers were trying to register with a new db, not from importing an old one, so there shouldnt be any database incompatibilities.
When I click on them to edit or look at any info, I get the same problem :<