PDA

View Full Version : Paypal IPN problem

robrob123
03-25-2008, 06:21 PM
When a buyer proceeds through the checkout to paypal there seems to be a problem.

The item name appears as "store name" and the buyer has to enter the value of the product themselves. I've searched and searched through the forum but can't find anything relating to this problem.

If anyone has any ideas as to what the problem is then any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Rob

michael_s
03-30-2008, 10:36 AM
There is something wrong with your install. That is not how it works by default on a properly installed site.

robrob123
04-13-2008, 04:11 AM
Okay, I've fixed the problem with the buyer having to enter the price themselves...now the only problem is where the product name should be in paypal..it says the name of my store.
Any ideas?

robrob123
04-13-2008, 07:21 AM
okay, a fresh install fixed the problem with the buyer entering in the amount.
I still have the problem of when the buyer goes to paypal it says the name of my store where the product title should be.

Any ideas?

idllc
09-15-2008, 05:22 PM
The issue of the product name not showing on paypal an issue anyone else has? Currently an order is placed and the site name is displayed. I have been using oscmax for some time and never noticed this issue until a client brought it to my attention today and apparently it has not been addressed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

idllc
09-15-2008, 07:26 PM
Ok I figured out the answer to this lingering question. It was actually quite simple. In admin under paypal ipn choose individual rather than aggregate under transaction type.

michael_s
09-16-2008, 09:25 AM
Yes, but remember that set to individual will disable the ability to send coupon discounts/gift vouchers to paypal. Aggregate mode is required due to a limitation of paypal if you want to use coupons or gift vouchers.

idllc
09-16-2008, 09:27 AM
So is there a way using aggregate to make sure items display on paypal when client is checking out?

michael_s
09-16-2008, 01:14 PM
No. Aggregate means all items are lumped into a single total.

MindTwist
09-18-2008, 12:45 AM
If you want to save yourself from some trouble in the future, leave it as aggregate and forget about Paypal displaying the purchased items. You will only see the products amount and shipping amount.

With individual you might end up having some problems with other total order modules, like gift vouchers, discounts, payment type surcharge, etc, I tried to fix it and after wasting several hours on it I just left it as aggregate.

wkdwich
09-26-2008, 09:44 PM
If you want to save yourself from some trouble in the future, leave it as aggregate and forget about Paypal displaying the purchased items. You will only see the products amount and shipping amount.

With individual you might end up having some problems with other total order modules, like gift vouchers, discounts, payment type surcharge, etc, I tried to fix it and after wasting several hours on it I just left it as aggregate.

I am set to aggrgate and paypal is not picking up the coupon code..
using:
paypal_ipn.php,v 2.3.3.0 11/17/2007
is there a newer version?

MindTwist
09-27-2008, 12:46 AM
The on I am using says:
$Id: paypal_ipn.php,v 1.3.0.0 2006/06/22 19:29:00 Edith Karnitsch Exp $

I am not even sure where I got it from, and since it has never given me any problems, I have never bothered trying newer versions.

Web Designs
11-04-2008, 10:08 AM
I am having the same problem. The site has 77 products and is required to keep track of sales tax separately. Only PayPal is used for payments. Looking at the PayPal page, the "description" shows the company name, not the ordered items, and it also does not show sales tax for those customers that have to pay sales tax. The total on the page is correct though. I saw mention of PayPal IPN, but have no such when I looked in Admin. We have simply turned on IPN at PayPal. Is there something else needed to be installed? I get the feeling I am missing something here.