PDA

View Full Version : Register Globals Easy

michael_s
02-07-2008, 09:31 PM
Correction of the error:
FATAL ERROR: register_globals is disabled in php.ini, please enable it!
In one way easy;

Modifications made by:
www.magic-seo-url.com

There are several tutorials and contributions on how to run osCommerce with register_globals Off. However, all are very complicated, break compatibility with other contributions such as payments or delivery modules and are not compatible with both PHP4 and PHP5.

We made a very simple MOD, which allows you to run osCommerce on any PHP powered server with disabled Register Globals including PHP4 and PHP5. This MOD also work with register_globals = On, so if your provider changes the configuration of the web server without your knowledge, osCommerce powered shopping cart will remain untouched.

Please read the README.TXT

More... (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5729)

warrenthewindmill
02-28-2008, 01:50 PM
My hosting company have set globals off today without any notice at all. My site is down and has been all day and I cannot get this mod to work. The last section says changes need to be made to :

catalog/install/includes/application.php

which doesn't exist!

In the zip file it has only application_top and sessions (in both catalog and admin)

When I upload the new files I get the following error message:

"Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory."

Does this contribution work or am I missing something? Help would be much appreciated

warrenthewindmill
02-28-2008, 02:12 PM
I now have the shop working but the admin is failing with the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot re-assign $this in mysite/admin/includes/classes/upload.php on line 31

Help please

warrenthewindmill
02-28-2008, 02:35 PM
and the relevant line referred to is commented out:

if ( ($this->parse() == true) && ($this->save() == true) ) {
return true;
} else {

// LINE REMOVED: MS2 update 501112 //****This is line 31
// self destruct
// $this = null;

return false;
}
}
}

function parse() {
global $messageStack;

michael_s
03-06-2008, 06:43 PM
There is another thread in regards to this:
http://www.oscmax.com/forums/oscmax-v2-installation-issues/8331-testers-needed-register_globals-register_long_arrays-off.html

Djam
03-27-2008, 07:32 AM
hi, i have no idea about html or .php, can someone tell me a step by step process on how to do this

i've read

Here is change in read me file for this package. Who are facing problem in this module to run. They can make change in configure.php files in front end and admin area.

includes->configure.php
define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

admin->includes->configure.php
define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

Note: Full Package

but exactly where & what should copy and put in the .php files, thanx

ozstar
03-22-2009, 08:25 PM
HI,

We have just made the changes to our 2003 shop ala the instructions and so far it's looking good! If not we will report back.

It's a nice and easy change and kudos for the way it was set out.

oz

:-)

ozstar
07-17-2009, 01:21 AM
Obviously spoke to soon.... Here we are a few months on and we get that dreaded Global message again. Message is there for a while then the store comes back again. This has been happening every week or so. Really strange how it comes and goes. Ovbiously a code problem somewhere. The shared server is all set to off now so they tell me.

I got a coder in and now we have all sorts of probs..

As the site is ssl when he made some copde chnage for the globals he has upset the cart (literally) and now the cart shows empty after checkout and many of the buttobs have dissapeared.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Oz

PS. I am trying to install the latest RC4 on another folder of the same shared server but that is another story for another post I'm afraid!!