PDA

View Full Version : Images Problems

Anonymous
09-30-2003, 01:03 PM
Greetings,

Images and MS2-MAX seem to be giving me lots of headaches.

First large images were not working, but after a bit of tinkering they now work.

But now we cannot add new images.

This is the error I am receiving:

Error: Destination not writeable.
Error: Catalog images directory is not writeable: images/

catalog/images/ is 777 (quadruple checked)

Any ideas on what else could be wrong or what else I should check?

Thanks!

Wen

Anonymous
10-03-2003, 06:16 AM
Hi:

I am having the same problem with large images. I get the thumbnail images without problem but when the user clicks on the 'click here to enlarge' link, the resulting window is empty.

What did you do to fix this?

Did you fix the problem with adding images after your fix?

Thanks,

Iain

Benedetti
10-04-2003, 10:42 AM
Try going to the Admin, open Dynamic MoPics and set Main Thumbnail in Thumb Directory to false.

jpcohen
10-05-2003, 05:43 PM
I had to also change the image type in MoPics to match mine. I use .jpg not .gif try that ans see if it helps fix.

mom2nine
12-03-2003, 09:07 AM
I have no problem getting the thumbnails to display, what I can't seem to get is the enlarged images. I don't really need the Dynamic Mo Pics mod, since I only have one photo.

Wouldn't it be easier for someone to code the system so that ImageMagick or something else commonly found on servers would CREATE a thumbnail automatically?

michael_s
12-03-2003, 11:11 AM
mom2nine, there already are mods like this. Go to osCommerce contributions to find one to suit your needs.

Everyone seems to think mopics is some super duper complex thing. It isn't. But you do have to set it up and use some forethought as to what your image scheme is. The thing about dynamic mopics is that it is DYNAMIC. If you dont add images to be dynamically included, MOPICS remains dormant. It only comes into effect if you have added extra images to be included.

If you want the setup to include a single big image, you put your thumb in whatever thumbs dir you specify in the mopics configuration, and put your big image in the images_big dir or whatever dir you specify in the mopics configuration.

bgarts
12-20-2003, 10:42 AM
Can someone provide a working example with exact steps to take to get this to work? I've also had a bad time with this. Thumbs do not display, big images do not display. I'm using the example images to find out where to put files and how to name them and I'm still having trouble. I'm really feeling myself along in the dark here. If I ignore that MoPics is there and try to upload an image the regular way, it uploads, but the big image is not being displayed because the first part of the filename is truncated in the img tag. For example, if the file I upload is named "lores_anderson_framed.jpg", the image tag in the HTML page shows "nderson_framed.jpg". I've also tried saving it to the thumbs and big_image directories in addition to the regular image directory with no luck.

michael_s
12-20-2003, 12:52 PM
bgarts, you just have things misconfigured. This has been explained ad-nauseum. See the main mopics thread. There are several parameters that must be set. Make sure you read that post and setup correctly. Make sure your image type (gif, jpg) match the type set in the mopics config. This is an error I see all the time. Someone uploads a gif big image, but has mopics set to jpg. It will give a broken image. Also make sure all file extensions are lower case, or the image will not load.

Anonymous
01-26-2004, 02:15 PM
I only use one image on my store and mopics is set tp jpg and false for thumbnails. When I click on the enlarge on a jpg it works fine using the same pic as the thumbnails. If it's a gif the popup pops a blank.

It would be nice if it work with both jpg/gif at the same time. Not everyone needs more then one pic.

Christy
02-01-2004, 02:49 PM
My Mopics is working fine... I just cant figure out how to name the big pictures of the additional pics( as in pic1, pic2....) and what directory they go into.

thanks for your help.