Full service web hosting, great prices and support. Starts at $1.99/month!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: osCMax v2.0.2 Bugfix release

osCMax Developer

osCMax v2.0.2 Bugfix release

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Total Contributions For

michael_s     $ 10.00

Default osCMax v2.0.2 Bugfix release

A new blog entry has been added:

[drupal=282]osCMax v2.0.2 Bugfix release[/drupal]

osCMax v2.0.2 has been released. This is a bugfix release and it is recommended that you update to this new version.
    Michael Sasek

osCmax 2.5.4 is now available via auto-installation using Softaculous!

Stay Up To Date with everything osCMax:
    osCmax on Twitter - Up to the minute info as it happens. Know it first.

osCmax Documentation

pakrat

Default Re: osCMax v2.0.2 Bugfix release

I have v2.0.0, in updating to the lastest version - how do I update? I know very very little about any of this and trying to find my way through the manual and all of the forums. Do I upload it via filezilla or another way? Will it undo the settings that I have gone in a set?

I do have another question about images, how do I get more than 1 image for my products? Some of my products have between 4-6 images, but I can not seem to find where or how to add them into my product page.

osCMax Development Team

Total Contributions For

pgmarshall     $ 35.00

Smile Re: osCMax v2.0.2 Bugfix release

pakrat,

1) Assuming you have not modified your store from install then you can simple ftp your files over the top.

2) More than one picture is easy ... just add _1, _2, _3 etc. to your images and put them in the thumbs/ folder in images. This is standard functionality in OSCMAX.

eg. picture.jpg becomes picture_1.jpg and picture_2.jpg etc.
    Hope this helps,
    pgmarshall

pakrat

I have gone in and set several of the settings and started going in to input products. So how do I update to the latset version without changing what I have done? Or can I not update without starting all over?

I understand how it may be simple for most people to get how easy it is to add more than 1 pix to a product, but I have not found anything in the manual and I really don't understand how to get them in the thumb/ folder in images and - will that insert them automatically with the correct product or how will they got to the product page?

osCMax Developer

Total Contributions For

michael_s     $ 10.00

Just get the 2.0.1 update pack and the 2.0.2 update pack. Apply each to your site, first the 2.0.1. then the 2.0.2. Simple.

Get the update packs from here:
    2.0.1: osCMax v2.0.1 Stable Released

2.0.2: osCMax v2.0.2 Stable Released

The zip files attached to each of the above posts only has the updates, so you just upload them to your site.
    Michael Sasek

osCmax 2.5.4 is now available via auto-installation using Softaculous!

Stay Up To Date with everything osCMax:
    osCmax on Twitter - Up to the minute info as it happens. Know it first.

osCmax Documentation

osCMax Development Team

Total Contributions For

pgmarshall     $ 35.00

pakrat,

You will need to FTP the images into the folder - you can not put them in via admin. (folder is here: catalog/images/thumbs/).

If you are struggling with using OSCMAX why not buy the user guide book? I have not read it, but I am sure it will help you with your understanding of OSCMAX.

Regards,
    pgmarshall

paulb104

I just installed 2.0.2 (for the first time at a new site).

The osCMax.com link at the top right of the page is actually linked to https://www.oscmax.com/

pakrat

Gee, as stated in 1 of my last postings, I DID purchase the manual.

The manual is NOT as in depth as you may think. It just barely goes over subjects and settings. It does say to hire a programmer for a lot of it. It is supposed to be a step by step guide for anyone with NO experience to be able to set up this program. I would NOT have purchased it, if I knew how much of it was for a programmer to do.

In reading over several of the postings for images, it does tell me to add the _1 and so on at the end. OK! Well, I have gone over and renamed and uploaded to the image folder that you told me. But NO WHERE in ANYTHING does it tell or show me how the 2nd, 3rd, 4th or ect.. images are imputed into the product page. I can put the 1st one in when adding the product, it has a spot to browse and find it, but nothing I have found anywhere about the other pictures. I found in an old forum thread, where someone wrote that there is an option on the page when adding a product. That option is NOT on my version.

So if someone would like to help me out in that area, it would greatly be appreciated.

One last thing, I was under the impression that these forums are here to inform and help others out, that is why I posted. If this is not for that, I am truly sorry and please let me know and I will not post or inquire for help anymore. Remember that at 1 point in time, you didn’t know as much as you do now, it took time and learning.

osCMax Development Team

Total Contributions For

pgmarshall     $ 35.00

Smile Re: osCMax v2.0.2 Bugfix release

Hi Pakrat,

I am sorry to hear that the manual does not answer your questions ...

You also need to remember that this is a community of people who dedicate their time and energy for free - trying to help people out with problems ... we are all aware that it can be tricky to learn a new system and I am sure we all forget how complicated it was at the start but bear with it and I am sure it will all become clear in the end!

It is also best not to cross threads ... ie. you have questions about Dynamic Mopics but the thread is called "osCMax v2.0.2 Bugfix release" which means people will not find your question ... Best to start a new thread for each different question rather than running on from a previous post.

Anyway, on to your question about Dynamic Mopics ...

• Dynamic Mopics automatically adds the images it finds within the 'thumbs' and 'big_images' folders onto your pages for you. You do NOT need to manually add them all to the database through the product page.
    • (Incidentally - The old Mopics module required you to add all the images individually to the product page and I also see ridexbuilder is developing something similar)
    • In admin --> Configuration --> Dynamic Mopics --> you will find the settings that controls this functionality. A few things to check here ... your images must be in the list of images types eg. jpg,png,jpeg,etc ... Big images go into 'images_big/' folder ... thumbnails go into 'thumbs/' ... and most importantly - EXTRA IMAGE PATTERN - imagebase_{1} basically tells you to use _1, _2, _3 to link images together.

• Lets to a practical walkthrough ...
    • To add an image to a product, lets call it, 'apple.jpg', you would go to the apple product page in admin and add the apple.jpg file using the button and browsing to the image (you have already used this as you said in your post).
    • Next comes the 'dynamic' bit ... Using an FTP tool, Login into your server, open the folder at catalog/images/thumbs/ and add any additional images for this product in the form 'apple_1.jpg', 'apple_2.jpg' and so on ... this will cause this bit:
    • to change to contain the images of 'apple_1.jpg', 'apple_2.jpg', and so on.
    • If you then add some more images (with the same names eg. apple.jpg, apple_1.jpg, apple_2.jpg etc) into the 'images_big' folder on your server - this will AUTOMATICALLY add the 'enlarge image' icon underneath and create the code for the popup.
    And that should do it ... ... if you name your images correctly they automatically get put on your product pages ...

I hope this is now clear for you,

Regards,
    pgmarshall

pakrat

I want to "THANK YOU" for the more detailed explaination on the subject. I however have followed your advice and still am unable to get the images to show up in the section on the product page for additional images. I have made sure my extentions are all correct and uploaded them in both folders. I am at a loss on what else to do. I am going to go to another section to post and maybe we can figure it out there. So I can be in the right area asking for additional help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast