Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Can't create categories / products

osCMax Developer

Can't create categories / products

Total Contributions For

michael_s     $ 10.00

Default Re: Can't create categories / products

p.vendors_product_price is not in the osCMax distribution in any file, so somebody on your end had to add it. I already told you what you need to do though, add the column to the table...

These are the files with the query that is causing your error, directly from the osCMax distro, and none of them have the field that is causing your problem.

Code:
    ----------------------------------------
    Find 'select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, p.products_price,' in '\catalog\admin\categories.php' :
    \catalog\admin\categories.php(1183):      $products_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status, p2c.categories_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and (pd.products_name like '%" . tep_db_input($search) . "%' or p.products_model like '%" . tep_db_input($search) . "%') order by pd.products_name");
    \catalog\admin\categories.php(1186):      $products_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' order by pd.products_name");
    Found 'select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, p.products_price,' 2 time(s).
    Michael Sasek

osCmax 2.5.4 is now available via auto-installation using Softaculous!

Stay Up To Date with everything osCMax:
    osCmax on Twitter - Up to the minute info as it happens. Know it first.

osCmax Documentation

dr.exo

Hi Guys, I too am experiencing this issue. It's a fresh install and yet when clicking on categories/products link (http://192.168.0.1/admin/categories....ed_box=catalog)

I get a blank page, auto-increment is definately running also on teh categories_id table so the problem may be elsewhere.

Please help!

Annakay

I also had problems inserting categories, they were added to the database but they didn't show up on the screen in the Categories list. I had changed language to Swedish and deleted the default english language files, and when I deleted the english admin language files it refused to show the swedish language in the admin section.
    I searched the database for the word "english" and found a post in the "session" table. I deleted it and suddenly it all worked just fine.

Just thought I should let you know how I solved it. For me it had nothing to do with the auto-increment mentioned earlier. Perhaps this could help someone.

ming

hi all,
    i have the same problem but i can fix, please help.....

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

select count(p.products_id) as total from products_description pd, products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, products_to_categories p2c left join specials_retail_prices s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p2c.categories_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

ming

please help for the problem , did anyone fix the same problem that i have?

thanks

valherru

hello!
    i have just installed v 2.0 and it works fine until i add a category ... after that the frontend shows a blank page...
    the categories id field is auto_increment ...
    please help?

MySQL version 5.0.45-community-
    log

PHP version 5.2.5
    Last edited by valherru; 05-28-2008 at 11:06 PM.

met00

a blank page generally means a PHP error. Please check your HTTP error log file and see if you are getting a PHP error in the loading of the front page.

It may look something like:
    PHP Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /vhosts/store.com/httpdocs/includes/modules/default_manufacturers.php on line 18

(your filename may vary as this was a debug error I was chasing down for a new module I added tonight and most people won't have default_manufacturers.php in their /includes/modules directory - but the message like that will show where the PHP error is in the code)

caryne444

I am also experiencing this problem with this error message when trying to add a category:
    Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/xxx/public_html/oscmax/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 17
    Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/xxx/public_html/oscmax/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 18

I am running PHP version 5.2.6 and MySQL version 5.0.45

Page 2 of 2 First 12