Page 5 of 5 First ... 345

Thread: New Products Project

Iartist

Default Re: New Products Project

Got the new products set up, but have an error on this page New Products : thomsartisland.com , the error says this;
    1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-0, 0' at line 1

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, m.manufacturers_name from products p left join manufacturers m on (p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id), products_description pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and (p.products_date_added) order by p.products_date_added DESC, pd.products_name limit -0, 0

[TEP STOP]

I don't understand what went wrong.
    PS. love the way the cottonbarn test site looks, very nice.
    Iartist

osCMax Development Team

New Products Project

Total Contributions For

ridexbuilder     $ 15.00

Lightbulb Re: New Products Project

The error message tells you where the problem is:
    Code:
    near '-0, 0' at line 1
    Looks like you've made a mess of the copy/paste: it should be adding in the value of MAX_DISPLAY_NEW_PRODUCTS

Suggestion: revert to your backups (you did take some) and follow the wiki carefully.

Developers resource at bitbucket
    oscmax.co.uk / ejsolutions.co.uk
    Hosting plans with installation, configuration, contributions, support and maintenance.
    *** FREE osCmax hosting available ***
    oscmaxtemplates.com

QDblue2000

I have done a restore on the shopping cart. And I have gone through the wiki directions. I am on this page
    products_new.tpl.php

and I have changed the line to the following

$products_new_query_raw = "select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, m.manufacturers_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on (p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id), " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and (p.products_date_added) order by p.products_date_added DESC, pd.products_name";

and as soon as I save it the page generates this error

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-0, 0' at line 1

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, m.manufacturers_name from products p left join manufacturers m on (p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id), products_description pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and (p.products_date_added) order by p.products_date_added DESC, pd.products_name limit -0, 0

Am I not sure why this is occurring any suggestions?

osCMax Development Team

New Products Project

Total Contributions For

ridexbuilder     $ 15.00

Post Re: New Products Project

Go into Admin,Configuration,Max Values: what does the New Products Listing and New Products Module say?

Developers resource at bitbucket
    oscmax.co.uk / ejsolutions.co.uk
    Hosting plans with installation, configuration, contributions, support and maintenance.
    *** FREE osCmax hosting available ***
    oscmaxtemplates.com

Iartist

QDblue2000 is helping me, in case you are wondering.
    "If you look at this page
    thomsartisland.com : Marblehead Lighthouse 4x5 - $1.00
    the buy now buttons are messed up
    but if you look at this page
    Note Cards : thomsartisland.com
    the buy now buttons are perfect and they work.

I checked
    includes/languages/english.php, which defines TEXT_BUY_NOW

and its the proper syntax. I double checked and the english.php file and it wasn't affected by the addition of the OS03C00227

Is there a particular setting that affects the recommended products only. We also changed the main page instead of displaying monthly new products just a new products in general so there are always products on that page. I rechecked those changes and none of those affects a buy now button.

But with the template install there is a lot to it. I was wondering if someone else has a pointer of what to check or where the code may have been miscopied?

thanks for any help..."

Page 5 of 5 First ... 345