Page 3 of 5 First 12345 LastLast

Thread: Credit Card Encrypt and Decrypt on the fly.

basnyd

Default Re: Credit Card Encrypt and Decrypt on the fly.

Is there a way to record the type of card? At this point everything lists as CC.

basnyd

Hi -

In your directions you state:

"There is a conflict between The JCB card and VISA. when validation is set to true. I believe this is due to similar BIN #s. I can correct it since I do not take JCB by commenting out the JCB code in the cc.validation.php file. However until BIN #s are updated I still can not use validation. Since Visa is listed after JCB hence it looks at JCB first."

I've gone into cc_validation and commented out the following code, since I don't accept JCB cards:

// JCB
    // } elseif ( (($NumberLeft6 >= 352800) && ($NumberLeft6 <= 458999)) ) {
    // $this->cc_type = 'JCB';
    // $ShouldLength = 16;
    // if ( strtolower(MODULE_PAYMENT_CC_ACCEPT_JCB) != 'true' ) {
    // return -5;
    // }

I've set validation to true. I've only tested the system on a few numbers, but so far the cards were correctly identified. Is there a risk in what I'm doing?

Thanks,
    Barb

bkpie

Quote Originally Posted by basnyd View Post
    Is there a way to record the type of card? At this point everything lists as CC.
    probably could be coded however more work than I have time for . I just watch the numbers Visa starts with 4, MC with 5 and Amex with 3 etc.
    // JCB
    // } elseif ( (($NumberLeft6 >= 352800) && ($NumberLeft6 <= 458999)) ) {
    // $this->cc_type = 'JCB';
    // $ShouldLength = 16;
    // if ( strtolower(MODULE_PAYMENT_CC_ACCEPT_JCB) != 'true' ) {
    // return -5;
    // }

I've set validation to true. I've only tested the system on a few numbers, but so far the cards were correctly identified. Is there a risk in what I'm doing?

Thanks,
    Barb
    Due to the fact it would take forever to get all the BIN numbers(and I am not sure how) for the credit cards I set my validation to false use the stripped out version of cc validation since with it set to true it may reject some valid cards due to the BIN not being updated. It still looks for the correct structure of a credit card and will not accept ones with the wrong structure. Our
    proccessing machine would catch the rest but have not have a problem in a year now.
    Last edited by bkpie; 05-01-2008 at 08:18 AM. Reason: fix quote

jfirestone

HI there!

I just installed this mod on my oscmax site, and it is not quite working correctly. I can't really begin to troubleshoot a couple of the issues until I get the main issue fixed.

I believe I have put the mod in correctly, yet whenever I checkout of my store, the CC info is NOT put into the database! I have tried several orders and each time it is the same. Is the checkout_process.php the one responsible for putting the data into the database? If so, for some reason it is transmitting all the order info except any of the CC info. I have looked directly in the database immediately after placing an order to verify this.

Any suggestions as to what is going on and how to fix it? Seems like a great mod, and I am sure it will be if I can get it to work.

bkpie

Did you run the sql for the new database entrys?
    Are your permissions set right on the files?
    Give them file access thru admin?

Just some ideas if it installed correctly should work...I have put in on a few sites now.
    Try those..I will be away for a couple days let me know if you still have problems. I will try and check back while on the road.

jfirestone

Thanks for the quick reply!

I did do all of those things, and have verified it all. While going back through the instructions a 5th time ( ) to be sure, I noticed this, but I don't understand it.

-----bugs------
    if either field in the start date is not altered then these fields are not committed to the database (i have no idea why) -- this bug has apparently been sorted but please post any comments on this.

Like I said, I don;' understand this, but if there is a bug preventing this stuff from getting committed to the database, maybe this is the bug I am looking for? Does this mean I HAVE to use the start date? Should I completely eliminate the start date from the code instead of just setting it to false in the module?

bkpie

If the start date is set to false that is not the problem.
    CC Valiation also set to false per instructions.

What version of Oscmax are you using. This has only been tested up to version RC3 but should work with newer versions.

I know you said you went over it 5 times but there are alot of changes in this mod and one tiny thing overlooked will make it not work. I remember the first time I installed it I missed something in one of the Function/general.php or database_tables (can't remember which and was sure I had it in there. After days of messing with it finally said DUH there it is.

Also did you uninstall the old CC module?
    Also try clicking uninstall and reinstall in admin.

Did you hand enter all the code or use a compare program. Using a compare program like beyond compare is best especially at finding the problem

jfirestone

I am not sure what RC version i have, but I am using 2.0.2, which is the version that Netfirms gives me to install.

I unsintalled the CC module before starting, I tried the uninstall-reinstall of the module.

I c&Ped the code from the installation document into the different files, but did not use a compare program, just did it in dreamweaver. My files seemed to be a little bit different in the first place.

It seems that the info just isn't getting inserted into the database. Is there one specific function I should look at for that? Or does that function depend on some of the other files?

jfirestone

Well, I found where i messed up. Like you said, sometimes it takes one extra time to go over it! The beyondcompare idea really helped as did using the files you included as opposed to just using the text file with the change info.

Turns out, the section in catalog/includes/classes/order.php where you add the new fields to the array, I didn;t have any deifnition of where to store the values.

i.e. I had - 'cc_number' => ' ' - i have no idea why there was no value in between the ' ' marks.

The date is going into the DB now, but the ccv is not spitting out on the admin side. I am sure that's a small issue I can find.

Thanks again for the help!

bkpie

No Problem...It is usually the case and happens more when you try and hand code rather than using a compare program. It is easy to miss things when copying and pasting.

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 LastLast