This contribution is a collection easy and simple actions for SEO-search engine friendly for oscommerce.
I have tried and tested this contribution in my website (which sell voice amplifiers) you can see it at http://voice-amplifier.com
1. Categories title - exactly like the category name.
2. Product title - exactly like the product name.
3. Changing the continue button which send you back to the http://your-domain.com/index to send you back to http://your-domain.com
this will reduce the duplication of contexts for seo reasons.
4. Removing the www from the domain (a redirect 301 from http://www.your-domain.com to http://your-domain.com ) this will reduce the duplication of contexts for seo reasons.
5. Prevent spiders indexing checkout pages
6. Remove (get rid) the cpath from the link to the product. your product link will be without the cpath.
this is very important because there are cases the link to the product is without cpath (case: new products). Than you have different links to the same product - duplication = Bad Seo !
7. Change the top and catalog links (at the top navigation) - get rid of the index.php
You can see it works at:
you can simply see the contribution at :