Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm back - I hope oscmax is too

I'm back - I hope oscmax is too

Total Contributions For

Markcm     $ 0.00

Default I'm back - I hope oscmax is too

Hi folks

I've been using oscmax for about 5 years, and before that was using oscommerce for about 5 years as well. Over the years I've done some php study and at one point had a bit of proficiency editing my files and managing sql. I did a successful conversion from a heavily modified oscommerce site to oscmax retaining all of my database integrity which although was quite a task, I pulled it off. I haven't done much, if any, php work in awhile so I'm far from proficient at this time.

It seems activity here has dwindled over the past few years (other than a few such as ridexbuilder), to the point I was afraid oscmax was dead. I've checked in periodically and just recently noticed some indication of life although my account was deleted due to inactivity so I've re-created an account to test the waters and ask a few questions.

I'll be posting a few questions in the relevant forums shortly. Specifically looking for some help after godaddy moved my files to a new server and the issues that created; and wondering about the current direction of oscmax and Git (looking for some basics as I've not used Git before).

I will say I'm a bit confused about the long stagnation that there isn't more discussion about status and direction, other than this post from Michael about 6 months back.

All-in-all, I've enjoyed oscmax and appreciate the work the core developers have put in to it. I see the request for donations at the front of the forums although I suspect a little more activity in the "what's going on with oscmax" area might drive some more activity in donations.

Cheers,
    Markcm

osCMax Developer

Total Contributions For

michael_s     $ 10.00

Default Re: I'm back - I hope oscmax is too

Look in the development section here:
    http://www.oscmax.com/forums/core-development/

That's the starting point to get caught up. The next release is coming soon, v2.5.5. PHP7 compatibility is almost finished and is usable right now (the package can be obtained from our bitbucket Git repository).
    Michael Sasek

osCmax 2.5.4 is now available via auto-installation using Softaculous!

Stay Up To Date with everything osCMax:
    osCmax on Twitter - Up to the minute info as it happens. Know it first.

osCmax Documentation

Total Contributions For

Markcm     $ 0.00

Is it my imagination or are posts disappearing from these forums? A month or so ago I saw some comments that development was moving along and I responded with some encouragement. Now I cannot see or find any references to any recent discussion in any of these forums.

Additionally, when I click on my user name in the top right I get the following message:

"This user has not registered and therefore does not have a profile to view."

osCMax Development Team

Total Contributions For

ridexbuilder     $ 15.00

Quote Originally Posted by Markcm View Post
    Is it my imagination or are posts disappearing from these forums? A month or so ago I saw some comments that development was moving along and I responded with some encouragement. Now I cannot see or find any references to any recent discussion in any of these forums.

Additionally, when I click on my user name in the top right I get the following message:

"This user has not registered and therefore does not have a profile to view."
    Thread Display Options
    Show threads from the...

Your profile isn't showing up for me either - a job for The Boss.

Developers resource at bitbucket
    oscmax.co.uk / ejsolutions.co.uk
    Hosting plans with installation, configuration, contributions, support and maintenance.
    *** FREE osCmax hosting available ***
    oscmaxtemplates.com

Total Contributions For

Markcm     $ 0.00

Thanks for pointing that out redexbuilder, I can see the posts now. I'm not used to seeing a thread with timeline filters (I've actually never seen that before). It was particularly unexpected in a thread with only a few posts and odd that it was set to filter as a default rather than show all.

Total Contributions For

Markcm     $ 0.00

Quote Originally Posted by michael_s View Post
    Look in the development section here:
    http://www.oscmax.com/forums/core-development/

That's the starting point to get caught up. The next release is coming soon, v2.5.5. PHP7 compatibility is almost finished and is usable right now (the package can be obtained from our bitbucket Git repository).
    I am having some site performance issues such as orders not posting or posting with missing content such as postage information with my oscmax 2.5.2 installation (On Godaddy with PHP 5.2.17) . I am wondering if I should spend the time going through trying to clean up my files or just update to 2.5.4 or the beta 2.5.5?

If I were to update to 2.5.5 beta what would that process look like? Here are my assumptions, could someone let me know if I'm on the right track?

*Download 2.5.5 from the Bitbucket Downloads directory in the [.../develop] branch oscmax / oscmax2 / Downloads — Bitbucket
    *Extract download to my PC on a local drive
    *Manually overwrite the modified files using an FTP client (leaving copies of the originals in case of an error)
    **I am assuming the scripted auto-updating is not working/recommended for 2.5.5 although reading through the commits it appears it might be?

Any recommendations on this?
    Last edited by Markcm; 10-02-2017 at 08:14 AM.

osCMax Developer

Total Contributions For

michael_s     $ 10.00

I would do a test upgrade on a copy of your site following the exact steps you outlined and take a look and see if the process works.

I have tested the new update system and it works really well on an unmodified store, with a default database for pretty much all 2.5 versions. I would be most appreciative if you tested out the upgrade system on a custom database like yours and posted back any problems in as much detail as possible.
    Michael Sasek

osCmax 2.5.4 is now available via auto-installation using Softaculous!

Stay Up To Date with everything osCMax:
    osCmax on Twitter - Up to the minute info as it happens. Know it first.

osCmax Documentation

Total Contributions For

Markcm     $ 0.00

Michael,

Im willing to do some testing since my site isn't really working well now. I did a manual update to 2.5.3 and the 2.5.4, some issues were resolved although new orders are no longer showing on my orders page (I can see them in SQL) and my shipping module is broken. I think PayPal standard isn't working anymore either, my post back data is showing as $0 so the transaction doesn't correlate.

I'm willing to update however helps, I don't want to loose my customers, products or previous orders but beyond that I don't have anything special in the store that I want to protect.

I did notice like another user that the contact us Captcha isn't working, it doesn't show up. Ridex or one of the other members had offered a php bandaid for this which worked for me but it's temporary and should be addressed.

I currently on 2.5.4 with the issues mentioned above. To try the 2.5.5 is there a set of "update only files" or is there a complete beta file set I can download? And is the SQL update included? In otherwords would I update my database from my control panel just as before?

I must have some messy files causing me grief, I probably need to do a fairly clean install and the reload my products, customers, and orders.

Total Contributions For

Markcm     $ 0.00

I installed 2.5.5 beta on my site in .../catalog, my existing store is in the root.

I created a new database and performed the install which seemed to have gone ok; it resulted in an Installation Complete message on the Finish tab with links to my new catalog and admin. The database populated ok but when I try to load catalog/index.php or catalog/admin/index.php I just get a blank white page.

My configure.php files appear to be correct and if I put in a fake database name and refresh the page it will return a message that a connection to the db could not be established so I'm assuming db connections are defined ok.

I masked all my original files in the root in case there was a redirect or rewrite in my .htaccess causing issues but it made not difference.

I'm ready to start testing, as soon as I can get this new installation to appear.

Do I require a .htaccess file in this new .../catalog installation? I see a template file called .htacess.new but have not done anything with it.

When I inspect the page with Google Chrome, there is one error message:

HTML Code:
    Error in event handler for (unknown): TypeError: Cannot read property 'fields' of undefined    index.php:1
    Any suggestion on what I may have missed during the install?

Here is something else strange, when I type in the path e-lectronics.net/catalog/index.php, I get the full white page as indicated above, yet if I close it with a forward slash such as e-lectronics.net/catalog/index.php/ it loads my original store in the root which is e-lectronics.net/index.php
    Last edited by Markcm; 10-10-2017 at 05:34 AM.

Total Contributions For

Markcm     $ 0.00

Well its pretty quiet around here... incase it helps anyone else I'm posting my progress regarding my attempt to load a clean installation of 2.5.5 beta which resulted in blank/white pages. It seemed as though the database connections were being made but pages were not rendering any content.

I've scrapped that effort and moved on to a "clean" installation of 2.5.4, I use quotes on "clean" because even after removing all files from my root with my FTP client and uploading the freshly extracted 2.5.4 files there were still some artifacts of older files lingering around, which may have been a result of sloppy work on my part.

Most of my issues seem to be resolved now with 2.5.4, pages are rendering correctly, my shipping module is working again, with the exception of my orders in the admin. Orders have stopped posting after a certain order, no new orders will render on my orders page in admin. I've been combing over my database and I cannot see anything different about the new orders vs the older orders that are posting in my admin panel. I will keep digging around but if anyone with better skill/knowledge has an idea of what to check please chime in.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast