Thread: Only shipping module that works is Per Item

Total Contributions For

Dan305     $ 0.00

Default Only shipping module that works is Per Item

I want to use table rates but it does not show up on the Delivery Information, it skips that page. I have tried both the weight option and the price option but neither one works. I tried other shipping methods such as Flat Rate and Individual Shipping but the only one that works is the Per Item. I checked and the table.php file is in place but I uploaded it again just to make sure. The products all have weights listed. This site is for an Australian company.

What am I doing wrong?

Dan

Total Contributions For

Dan305     $ 0.00

Default Re: Only shipping module that works is Per Item

I searched for hours before I posted the above post. Just after I posted I thought to check Customer Groups and Table Rate was not checked. It works fine now.

Only shipping module that works is Per Item

Total Contributions For

Markcm     $ 0.00

Hi Dan,

Regarding you shipping question, I had USPS partially working and UPS was working. You can search my threads for how I got them going if it's of interest although mine were in 2.5.4 and 2.5.5 and did have issues.

Unfortunately I believe that oscmax development is done/dead and the last release of 2.5.4 or the dev version of 2.5.5 (in my experience) were not ready to use without some work on the php files and then still had many issues once you got them running. There are a few users who are maintaining their own mod'd shops and may pop in to help here but there hasn't been any activity here for a long time. As a prior oscommerce user I liked oscmax for several years doing my best to patch my own shop all the way up to the dev brand of 2.5.5 but finally gave up the battle and changed carts.

Lurker
    Total Contributions For

Vantassel     $ 0.00

That's a bummer. What's a good alternative to this, Mark?

Only shipping module that works is Per Item

Total Contributions For

Markcm     $ 0.00

Quote Originally Posted by Vantassel View Post
    That's a bummer. What's a good alternative to this, Mark?
    I hung in here with oscmax for a long time but... unfortunately it has completely died.

After trying several alternatives, I have settled and I am very happy with OpenCart. I used Cart2Cart services to convert my database which was a great investment if you want to keep your catalog, customers, and sales records intact. When I originally switched from oscommerce to oscmax, I manually migrated my database so I tried this from oscmax to opencart but it was too much work; cart2cart was well worth it.

I also went back to oscommerce and tried that but it was way to old looking, then I tried Presta shop which had a very similar look and feel to opencart but it wasn't as friendly and cost more. In the end, OpenCart is free to install, current, and works amazing. While it isn't required to do so, I chose to invest some, buying professional upgrade modules for my OpenCart shop. In the end I spent around $100-150 for the database conversion and another $300-400 on modules. There are plenty of great free modules too but I am glad I spent this money and really appreciate the modules I got such as a full suite for SEO, broken link/redirect manager, abandoned cart notices, ajax quick updates for orders and catalog, several order management mods like color coding and sorting, one page checkout, integrated USPS,UPS,FEDEX (and they all work!), Tracking info integrated into orders, order comments module for customer integration, extra admin login security, coupons/codes (that work seamless), premade comments for multiple functions and many more.

Open cart is very easy to add modules, you really don't have to get into any code. There is an admin area where you install modules. And, everything works in OpenCart; I spent the last few years adding bandaids to my oscmax store when it would stop working, there were always functions that didn't work and I couldn't find a fix for (important functions like shipping, emails...), and then getting hacked because its old and unmaintained... I don't miss that. With OpenCart there are multiple options for all the things I struggled with in oscmax like USPS integration, captcha, emails, item attributes/options, sales/coupons, onepage checkout, so many more....
    Last edited by Markcm; 02-12-2019 at 08:41 AM. Reason: added details