Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: help migrating to different server

osCMax Development Team

help migrating to different server

Total Contributions For

pgmarshall     $ 35.00

Default Re: help migrating to different server

Hi there - v2.5 RC1 will NOT run on PHP7 ... Michael has updated the core on 2.5.5 to run on PHP7 but it is not released and stable.

You need to back down the PHP releases to 5.6 or so. The dev repo on GitHub has got the mysqli changes if you have to patch your old site across but depending on the number of mods you have run it might be easier to upgrade!

Regards all,
    pgmarshall

Total Contributions For

jmelson     $ 50.00

Yup, I suspect with a later version of oscMax, the STORE_SESSIONS selects the right way to access mysql(i), but my old oscMax version doesn't have the code in functions/database.php to handle that.

Thanks,

Jon

Total Contributions For

jmelson     $ 50.00

Quote Originally Posted by pgmarshall View Post
    Hi there - v2.5 RC1 will NOT run on PHP7 ... Michael has updated the core on 2.5.5 to run on PHP7 but it is not released and stable.

You need to back down the PHP releases to 5.6 or so. The dev repo on GitHub has got the mysqli changes if you have to patch your old site across but depending on the number of mods you have run it might be easier to upgrade!
    Yes, Markcm already suggested this. I have installed Deban 8 with PHP 5.6, and am making progress. Now, I can bring up the customer-side main store page and all the product pages. But, if I try to login as a customer or put an item in the shopping cart, I get a blank page, and a 500 error in the apache2/access.log For the admin page, I can get the login box, but when I enter user and password, again I get a blank page and 500 error.

Does anybody have suggestions on how to debug this?

Thanks,

Jon

Total Contributions For

jmelson     $ 50.00

OK, so I installed osCmax 2.5.4 and after some fooling around with the mysql database permissions, etc. it now seems to work. So, I could just rebuild the whole store manually.

The old store partly works. I can see the whole catalog, but can't log in or add items to my cart. I seem to get 302 return codes on GET requests from this.

The admin login.php page shows up, but I can't log in, I get a blank page and a 500 error on a POST request in the apache2/error.log

mysql does not show any errors.

Any idea on what to check would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon

Total Contributions For

Markcm     $ 0.00

If you search and read my recent posts, you will probably find some answers. I'd recommend skipping 2.5.4 and going to 2.5.5 develop providing you follow the fixes listed below. Some of the 2.5.4 issues are also listed.

Here's my log file of fixes from my recent 2.5.5 development installation which is "mostly" working and running PHP5.6 (still bugs with PHP7):

Action: copy/upload 2.5.5dev files to server
    Fix file upload issue: Admin/includes/configuration_cache.php must be manually uploaded via godaddy file manager because godaddy blocks this file for some reason
    Customization: copy.../images/images_big and .../thumbs from prior installation
    Customization: copy templates/fallback/images/logo.png from prior installation for catalog (this is the store logo)
    Customization: copy .../catalog/admin/images/icons/logo.png (this is the admin logo)
    Customization: Set one page checkout default ship from state and zip code from admin panel configuration settings
    Fix USPS method titles not showing (-----): Delete stock usps.php and replace with ridexbuilder's version. Support thread and file here
    Fix (required for 2.5.4, not sure if applies to 2.5.5) copied line 86 of checkout_shipping.php and pasted it to the end of the same file at line. oscmax forum link #206 if (!tep_session_is_registered('shipping')) tep_session_register('shipping');
    Fix Login problem: I replaced this "phone order" code with the code starting from line 28 of login.php (oscmax 2.5.4) and I can now login as an existing customer. Post #52 at this thread: oscmax forum link
    Fix for price error during checkout: (2.5.4,have not applied this to 2.5.5) Admin/configuration settings, force use of default currency
    Setting: Turn off configuration>templates>contact us>show store open hours
    Setting: Turn on configuration>templates>recaptcha public key xxxx and private key xxxx
    Setting, Enter your reCaptcha email protection URL reCAPTCHA Mailhide: Free Spam Protection
    Fix for 'Order Process' emails not sending, change includes/languages/english/checkout_process.php and define('EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT', ' Order Process'); change this to define('EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT', ' storename Order Confirmation'); Support thread posted here. This has stopped working on old godaddy 254 so I have tried changing it there to ' storename Order Details'
    Customization: add "storename" to order update subject line in admin/includes/languages/english/orders.php define('EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT', 'storename Order Update');
    Customization: Turn Off the login box on the home page to reduce insane amount of automated login attempts. From admin Configuration>Templates>Infoboxes Turn of loginbox
    Fix: Order editor doesn't work in PHP7 (PHP7 has dropped support for 'split()' so I down graded to PHP5.6). To fix this edit .../admin/order_editor/http_client.php on line @379: Replace: list($hdr, $value) = split(': ', $str, 2); with: list($hdr, $value) = preg_split('/: /', $str, 2); See support thread here
    Fix: Bottom of orders.php detail page is missing when using PHP7. Fix is needed, currently using PHP5.6 which works correctly

Total Contributions For

jmelson     $ 50.00

ARRGhhhh! I am NOT a php programmer! I can do a few things, but I'm just not up to the level of doing the kind of customization you describe.

I'm fairly close to having a workable store. Still need to find out if the payment modules will actually work. That may require going live.

The only showstopper I see right now is that is charges the customer taxes for TWO states (zones). Hopefully a configuration error on my part.

Thanks,

Jon

Total Contributions For

Markcm     $ 0.00

The work is already done, none of this is programming; it's a little copy and paste at most. All you would need to do is make a to-do list of the items labeled "FIX" and then using a free editor like notepad++ step through the small edits as described, one at a time. I'd guess it would take less than an hour to replicate this with the list provided. If you need more information, I've linked each item to a thread where you will find it. Keep in mind, I am not a programmer either and my oscmax installation is just a side thing for me.

Either way, I hope this information is useful regardless of which installation you use and for the record, I was in need of an oscmax update and tried clean installations of both 2.5.4 and 2.5.5_development branch; I ended up with 2.5.5_dev for the sole reason that I was seeing less issues compared to the fresh installation of 2.5.4.

Page 2 of 2 First 12