Thread: RE: Ver 2.5.5 - Checkout Payment Error - Unable to determine connection method on a link

RE: Ver 2.5.5 - Checkout Payment Error - Unable to determine connection method on a link

Total Contributions For

Markcm     $ 0.00

Default RE: Ver 2.5.5 - Checkout Payment Error - Unable to determine connection method on a link

This topic was already posted although the thread was fairly young yet closed with no solution.

I am also running in to this issue with 2.5.5 dev at checkout_payment.php:

I did a clean install of ver 2.5.5 from github.com/osCmax/oscmax2. Set up payment as credit card, shipping is flat rate.
    Running on godaddy. PHP Version 5.4.45 (bluebeatmusic dot com/phpinfo.php)

When I check out using the multiple page checkout, I get this on the payment page (bluebeatmusic dot com/store255/checkout_payment.php) ....
    Error!
    Unable to determine connection method on a link!
    Known methods: NONSSL SSL

There is no error on the one-page checkout.

-----

I know the error text comes from includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/includes/Usu_General_Functions.php file

-----

I installed 2.4 and it works. I wonder if one file or multiple files can be copied from 2.4 to 2.5.5 to fix the problem.
    I've done a file compare on includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/includes/Usu_General_Functions.php and checkout_payment from 2.5.4 and 2.5.5dev, the files are identical.

I've also tried turning off all of the infoboxes to see if they were causing the insecure links but that did not help either.

I noticed that by default the 2.5.5dev install set define('ENABLE_SSL', False); so I changed it to True which now switches my checkout_payment to https

Does anyone have a work around for this? Michael- you mentioned you are using 2.5.5dev for multiple installations, are you running these same files without issue?
    Last edited by Markcm; 12-28-2017 at 11:31 AM. Reason: spelling