Thread: Installing OSCMAX on a synology NAS

Installing OSCMAX on a synology NAS

Total Contributions For

Markcm     $ 0.00

Default Installing OSCMAX on a synology NAS

I've got the latest version of oscommerse installed and running on my Synology DS218+, and I'm trying to get 2.5.5 running on there I downloaded the develop branch from bitbucket here []oscmax / oscmax2 / Downloads — Bitbucket. I have PHP 5.6 and php 7. I have MariaDB5 and 10 on my NAS although my install is on the MariaDB5.

I can access and load the install.php page and it hits my database on the first page where it is supposed to write the database table and make the db defines but when I enter my user name and details and then click continue it tells me "Access denied for user 'user'@'localhost' (using password: YES)"

This user name is definatley set up, its the same user and PW I used to install oscommerse and has global permissions, I can even see in phpmyadmin that this user has permissions to the oscmax db I set up.

Next... I looked at the oscommerse configure.php file and hand edited files for osmax 2.5.5 and manually uploaded oscmax sql. The database looks fine. When I try to load the catalog index.php I get the error "Unable to connect to database server!"

I see a few minor differences in the oscommerse Install.php vs the oscmax file but nothing obvious to me and since I tried it all manually, any ideas what to check to make the database connection work? Like I mentioned, the latest version of oscommerse is up an running fine so I must be in the right ball park.

Next I tried using the default database password 'root' which would not work initially when I was accessing over WAN but once I was home and accessed my NAS on my LAN via IP address rather than ddns. This time it worked and installed 2.5.5

Now I have a copy of the develop branch on my NAS and on my godaddy host account. I am finding that they are both behaving the same,
    I still cannot log in on the catalog side with an existing customer name, the same problem I am having with the 2.5.5 I installed on my godaddy host. I can only log in from the cart if I load an item as a guest, go to the cart, and select login from the cart, but not from the user account or anywhere else. The second thing is that the USPS shipping methods still dont display correctly, they are all "------"

Two installations, in two different locations on two platforms, both started from scratch and they are both performing the same for me?

I do have PHP setting controls on my NAS, the current PHP 5.6 settings are:

bcmath
    bz2
    calendar
    curl [X]
    dba
    exif [X]
    ftp [X]
    gd [X]
    gettext
    gmp
    iconv
    imap
    intl
    ldap
    libsodium
    mailparse
    mcrypt
    mssql [X]
    mysql [X]
    mysqli [X]
    openssl [X]
    pdo_dblib
    pdo_ pgsql
    pdo_sqlite
    pgsql
    phar
    posix
    shmop
    soap
    sockets
    sqlite3 [X]
    ssh2
    sysvmsg
    sysvsem
    sysvshm
    wddx
    xmirpc
    xsl
    zip [X]

the current PHP 7 settings are:

bcmath
    bz2
    calendar
    curl [X]
    dba
    exif [X]
    ftp [X]
    gd [X]
    gettext
    gmp
    iconv
    imap
    intl
    ldap
    mailparse
    mcrypt
    mysqli [X]
    openssl [X]
    pdo_dblib
    pdo_ pgsql
    pdo_sqlite
    pgsql
    phar
    posix
    shmop
    soap
    sockets
    sqlite3 [X]
    ssh2
    sysvmsg
    sysvsem
    sysvshm
    wddx
    xmirpc
    xsl
    zip [X]
    Last edited by Markcm; 12-16-2017 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Because I cannot delete the post and it might be useful for others to see.

Installing OSCMAX on a synology NAS

Total Contributions For

Markcm     $ 0.00

Default Re: Installing OSCMAX on a synology NAS

UPDATE,

I have found a change in file: login.php in the "phone order" part that was preventing an existing customer from logging in on my 2.5.5 installation; both on my godaddy host and on my local installation on my Synology NAS.

specific details are documented in this other thread "Re: I'm back - I hope oscmax is too" at POST #52