Thread: My Experience Of Help Desk

Jacob Anderson

Default My Experience Of Help Desk

Hello -

I have tried about every helpdesk in the search for one that fit my needs, spending a lot of time and money in the process. This includes Kayako, Cerberus, and DeskPro.

I tried really hard and with the help of friends to figure out the first two. They were very complex, and ended up being spending too much of my time and my friends' time trying to figure them out. Both times, we never figured it out with enough confidence to use it will real people. I tried a couple other packages, spending more money on "tuition" but in the end did not meet my needs. Finally pulled the plug on the last one when they created a new package and stopped supporting my "lifetime" license.

In desperation, I tried iKode help desk desk this year, vowing to stop supporting people if this one didn't work.

Much to my surprise, I actually loved iKode. It is as complex as the others, but has a very intuitive interface and process flow. After a long time of testing other software, my knee-jerk reaction when using iKode was "gee I wish they had this feature", and 9 times out of 10, it was there. The friends who helped me test the other packages all agreed it was very intuitive, and had no trouble using it in a short period of time.

iKode help desk has a demo version you can download and try out as well, as I'm sure the other packages do as well.

I know I sound like sales rep for them, but I am really not. Just a customer with a crush. I have spent much time and much money trying for years to find a helpdesk that met my needs, and whose process matches mine. Obviously the other packages are fine, as many companies use them, so please don't mistake this as a slam to either of the other packages. Just sharing my experience.

osCMax Development Team

My Experience Of Help Desk

Total Contributions For

ridexbuilder     $ 15.00

Thumbs up Re: My Experience Of Help Desk

In testing a few, for integration with 'Max, I "settled" on OWM (Open Web Messenger), primarily for its' frugal use of server resources.
    Preferences will vary between people, depending on specific requirements.

Developers resource at bitbucket
    oscmax.co.uk / ejsolutions.co.uk
    Hosting plans with installation, configuration, contributions, support and maintenance.
    *** FREE osCmax hosting available ***
    oscmaxtemplates.com

met00

Default Re: My Experience Of Help Desk

Gave up.

Really.

For help any wiki will do. For communication with the customer, e-mail does just fine. For actually customer interaction on an order, the integration of messaging that goes two ways works best as it keeps track of all history with the order. I added a "invisible to customer" flag so that comments only show to the customer if that is not set on my comments. In addition another simple add-in I have allows me to schedule an order for review. This allows me to get flagged on what orders need my attention each day.

It's not a full CRM solution, but then again, I don't really want of need a full CRM solution. I just need to stay on top of orders.

met00

Oh, add into the list of non-useful...

phphelpdesk
    cerberus
    exoscripts
    sugarcrm
    zen
    gears
    otrs
    helpdeskreloaded
    doublechacolatte
    kayako

[and many more]
    Last edited by met00; 12-25-2011 at 03:16 PM.

osCMax Developer

My Experience Of Help Desk

Total Contributions For

michael_s     $ 10.00

We use Kayako for our support desk and Live Person for our live-chat. My company uses both extensively and it is essential to our daily operations. It allows us to exceed our SLAs and track the life history of support for a given customer, company, etc. We can efficiently handle hundreds of support requests from a central location and allows managers to monitor customer service performance and satisfaction. If you want to manage a larger team of customer service and support techs, a central help-desk is really a requirement.

E-mail is simply not good enough when you have 25-30 representatives handling 30 to 50 tickets each per day.
    Michael Sasek

osCmax 2.5.4 is now available via auto-installation using Softaculous!

Stay Up To Date with everything osCMax:
    osCmax on Twitter - Up to the minute info as it happens. Know it first.

osCmax Documentation

maximilian

I am currently using LiveZilla for our chat service, we have not yet used it extensively because we don't have too much traffic coming in at this point. Has anyone else used this chat program? Should I be wary of any issues that can occur with it?