Thread: Add new products module and featured module to front page when oscmax is in a sub-folder

Total Contributions For

Dan305     $ 0.00

Default Add new products module and featured module to front page when oscmax is in a sub-folder

I am using wordpress for the opening pages with OSCMax in a sub folder. How can I make the new products module and the featured module from OSCMax appear on the front page of the wordpress site?

thanks,

Dan

osCMax Development Team

Add new products module and featured module to front page when oscmax is in a sub-folder

Total Contributions For

ridexbuilder     $ 15.00

Arrow Re: Add new products module and featured module to front page when oscmax is in a sub-folder

Quote Originally Posted by Dan305 View Post
    I am using wordpress for the opening pages with OSCMax in a sub folder. How can I make the new products module and the featured module from OSCMax appear on the front page of the wordpress site?

thanks,

Dan
    Two completely different systems, so not easily (is anything impossible?). Have you actually looked at the code for both?

Developers resource at bitbucket
    oscmax.co.uk / ejsolutions.co.uk
    Hosting plans with installation, configuration, contributions, support and maintenance.
    *** FREE osCmax hosting available ***
    oscmaxtemplates.com

Total Contributions For

Dan305     $ 0.00

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Default Re: Add new products module and featured module to front page when oscmax is in a sub-folder

I finally had time to look closely at this mod today and have it nearly completed. I have made up a new page with no header, footer or side columns to plug into the Wordpress page and have it plugged in and it displays nicely, showing the new products and featured products from OSCMax in the Wordpress index page. The only issue I am having is that all the links, when clicked on, open within the same wordpress page. In /includes/modules/new_products.php I have added target="_top" to the image and name links, solving that problem, but there is no code for the More Info button or the Buy Now button, so cannot change the links there. In /includes/modules/featured_gbox_products.php there is also no More Info code to change. I changed the original Buy Now button to the original code so that is resolved. Where do I find the code for the Buy Now and More info buttons?

Thanks,

Dan

osCMax Development Team

Add new products module and featured module to front page when oscmax is in a sub-folder

Total Contributions For

ridexbuilder     $ 15.00

Thumbs up Re: Add new products module and featured module to front page when oscmax is in a sub-folder

Sounds like good progress and a useful mod for others. Care to share (as a zip)?
    I might find time to take a quick look at the problem buttons.

Hosting plans with installation, configuration, contributions, support and maintenance.
    oscmaxtemplates.com

Total Contributions For

Dan305     $ 0.00

Default Re: Add new products module and featured module to front page when oscmax is in a sub-folder

I have attached a zip with the files and my steps to make this mod, let me know if there is anything else you need.

Thanks for taking a look at this,

Dan
    Attached Files Attached Files

Total Contributions For

Dan305     $ 0.00

As a work-around, I have replaced the More Info and buy Now buttons with text that says "Click Image For Details", which works fine for this installation.

osCMax Development Team

Total Contributions For

ridexbuilder     $ 15.00

Dealing with a crisis for past few days, so not looked yet.

oscmaxtemplates.com

osCMax Development Team

Total Contributions For

ridexbuilder     $ 15.00

I've taken a quick glance over what you have sent me and in the main it's looking good.
    In your documentation, you are basing a new template on templates/aabox/main_page.tpl.php - that's an old template and likely to be missing functionality. It's safer to use fallback as a base.
    Could you re-instate the buttons on your test page, so as I can inspect the page?

oscmaxtemplates.com