Thread: Textbox

tom77

Question Textbox

Hello!

I want to add a textbox to the productsite. Customers should be able to write a text to customize the bought item.

I looked for "imprint" - but I can't install this addon. Is there any other possibility in OsCmax V2.5???

Please help me

Thank you,
    Tom

Textbox

Total Contributions For

DanDan     $ 20.00

Default Re: Textbox

You might try this solution. It is not perfect but it is the best solution I have found. Make a link on the product info page to a popup panel with the necessary info on it, such as your name, email address, product and personalize instructions. They fill out and submit their information then go on placing the order. You will receive the order and the personalize instructions in two different emails. Like I said, it is not perfect but it works until something better comes along.

tom77

Quote Originally Posted by DanDan View Post
    You might try this solution. It is not perfect but it is the best solution I have found. Make a link on the product info page to a popup panel with the necessary info on it, such as your name, email address, product and personalize instructions. They fill out and submit their information then go on placing the order. You will receive the order and the personalize instructions in two different emails. Like I said, it is not perfect but it works until something better comes along.
    That's a really sad solution
    OsCmax ist so a nice shop and this easy textbox is a big problem?

Thank you for your promt reply!

osCMax Development Team

Textbox

Total Contributions For

pgmarshall     $ 35.00

Send Ridex a mail - I think he has a working version of imprint.
    pgmarshall

osCMax Development Team

Textbox

Total Contributions For

ridexbuilder     $ 15.00

Exclamation Re: Textbox

Quote Originally Posted by pgmarshall View Post
    Send Ridex a mail - I think he has a working version of imprint.
    Previously available for osCmax 2.5 though made available for a small donation - this is now withdrawn due to too many issues with it.
    There is always the comments box, when placing an order - not ideal.

Developers resource at bitbucket
    oscmax.co.uk / ejsolutions.co.uk
    Hosting plans with installation, configuration, contributions, support and maintenance.
    *** FREE osCmax hosting available ***
    oscmaxtemplates.com

met00

1) add a new field to products table called products_imprint (int 4)
    2) add a new field to products table called products_imprint_instructions (text)
    3) add a new field to orders_products table called products_imprint (text)
    4) modify the cart at checkout to add two textboxs next to each other in display of the line items that have products_imprint set to 1 which have the instructions (non-writable text box) and the text entry box for the imprint.
    5) when the order completes write the imprint to orders_products.products_imprint.
    6) modify the order display code (in admin and catalog) to display the imprints under the product in the order display (as well as invoice and packing slip).

Three changes to the database.
    Changes to the order display
    Changes to the catalog cart code
    Changes to catalog checkout code
    Changes to the catalog store order code

Personally I would add a check in the products detail display that check for the code and if it allows imprint then loads a message telling the user when they can input their imprint information. So that would mean a change of that template file to check for the flag and display the message.

This would do the same basic thing as having them enter it as a comment, but it would be a bit cleaner. The only issue now is if someone orders multiple of an imprint product and wants different imprints on each, but that could be managed in the instructions by telling the customer to use a separator between each imprint for multiple imprints on a single product which they are getting a multiple of.

met00

opps you will also have to add the fields to the admin for the product (to turn on/off the flag and to add the instructions)

Textbox

Total Contributions For

DanDan     $ 20.00

Can this be implemented into OSCMax as a standard feature for those of us that are not as talented as met00, or made as a modification with tighter instructions?