PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good shopping cart solution to use with Joomla site

markw10
06-13-2007, 08:39 AM
I currently have a Content site up that's using Joomla but I want to add a store to the site. I first tried Virtuemart since it interfaces with Joomla. I ran into a few bugs and one of the main problems is the tax system. It goes by state and in the state I live in I have to also charge taxes by county/city/zipcode. I decided to look at other options:

CubeCart
ZenCart
osCommerce (concerned that it hasn't been updated for awhile)
CRELoaded
Miva
Storefront.net

I don't want to list all the features I'm looking for since it's so many but there are some very important ones listed below:

The multiple tax rates within a state
If I can have a link that returns to my main Joomla Content Site from the store (a link Home)
Downloadable purchases
User Ratings of Products
Quickbooks Integration (not necessary but would be nice)
Coupons
Features/Sale Products List
Search for products in store
List of Top Sellers
List of New Products
Different Customer Price Levels
Quantity Discounts
Attributes for items such as size and color
Show if a product is in stock or not
Set up that it can do drop shipping (not necessary but nice if it does this)
Can be set up for affiliates

I know these are a lot to ask for. I assume most are common in many shopping carts. Maybe others are available through extra addons/components/modules.

Since I know very little Php and CSS I want something that is easy to set up and administer.

Obviously cheap or low cost is nice but I want something that is secure and stable. I'm willing to pay more for that.

I'm interested help with the above. Thanks.

jpf
06-13-2007, 09:04 AM
The multiple tax rates within a state - YES!
If I can have a link that returns to my main Joomla Content Site from the store (a link Home) - There is a "HOME" button on very page - YES!
Downloadable purchases - YES YES!
User Ratings of Products - Reviews?-Yes. Or did you mean like out of 5 "stars"?
Quickbooks Integration (not necessary but would be nice) - Does not have - but can be added- YES-OPTIONAL
Coupons - YEPPERS!
Features/Sale Products List -YES!
Search for products in store -YES!
List of Top Sellers - Best Sellers? YES!
List of New Products - NEW Products Feature - YES!
Different Customer Price Levels - How ever many did you need - we have it!
Quantity Discounts - No - But can be added.
Attributes for items such as size and color - YES!
Show if a product is in stock or not - As a default "after" you put it into the cart "Products marked with *** don't exist in desired quantity in our stock.
You can buy them anyway and check the quantity we have in stock for immediate delivery in the checkout process." - YES - or if you don't want it added - with a "out of stock" on the item - can be added!
Set up that it can do drop shipping (not necessary but nice if it does this) - Optional - a 3rd party "drop ship company" I know does this.
Can be set up for affiliates - YES!

Since I know very little Php and CSS I want something that is easy to set up and administer.
Yep - a little CSS would be good - that way you can at least modify the colors of your site. A CSS book or online primer would be a good start

Obviously cheap or low cost is nice but I want something that is secure and stable. I'm willing to pay more for that.Cheap, Secure, Stable - YES, YES, YES!

I'm interested help with the above. Thanks.Call me - I have time.

jpf
06-13-2007, 09:13 AM
How silly of me - forgot to say to look at the live demo site:

Catalog side:
osCMax v2.0 : DEMO SITE (http://www.configurethat.com/demo)

Live admin side (though some more "delicate" features are turned off):
osCMax v2.0 : ADMIN DEMO SITE (http://www.configurethat.com/demo/admin)

Fell free to ADD products they way you want - then buy them! (sorry nothing is billed/shipped!)

jpf
06-13-2007, 09:20 AM
You might also be interested in:

Joomla osCommerce Bridge 1.0.4 (http://www.joomlahacks.com/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,41/func,fileinfo/id,206/)

We are of course based on osCommerce MS2 - with many most commonly added contributions.

I have not used Joomla or this component. So I have not experience with it.

markw10
06-14-2007, 09:43 AM
Wow, thank you for all of the above help. That helps a lot and I'm going to look at those live sites now and do some research.