PDA

View Full Version : Hello all :)

AusMounty
03-27-2007, 03:01 PM
... And hello from Gympie Queensland, Australia.

I am not exactly new to the use of oscommerce however I am more suitably impressed with the revised version of the oscmax.

A condensed history of my working background... I have been involved in computers since 1982 and have been exposed to pretty much the major operating systems so I have had an excellent grounding.

Now I operate a small computer consultancy business here and now one of my dear friends/clients has need of an e-commerce application so naturally I suggested oscommerce (or one of its derivatives). I found the oscmax through Mamma Metasearch - The Mother of All Search Engines (http://www.mamma.com) (my preferred search engine), and was delighted to know that its main structure was solely based on the excellent work of the coders for the oscommerce application.

This is also very handy seeing as I operate a linux based server at home (it serves as my gateway & file server). So I can test bench the system prior to going live so if there is any possible issue may crop up to hinder the site going live it can be resolved immediately.

So I would like to offer occasional assistance for certain problems if this meets with the moderators approval?

Well I have to get back to work...

Regards,

AusMounty

michael_s
03-27-2007, 04:50 PM
Welcome to the community. Feel free to offer as much help as you have time for. I welcome any help I can get!

AusMounty
03-28-2007, 05:03 PM
Not a problem... btw... I have posted a question in the forum regarding the issue of the wysiwyg editor in the define MainPage editing window.

I have noticed that to include html markups is available and this seems strange as this was a fresh download. Assuming that any revisions to scripts were up to date.

Care to deliberate on that? :)
Dave

btw... cute kid... how old is she? :)

michael_s
03-28-2007, 07:32 PM
Not a problem... btw... I have posted a question in the forum regarding the issue of the wysiwyg editor in the define MainPage editing window.

I have noticed that to include html markups is available and this seems strange as this was a fresh download. Assuming that any revisions to scripts were up to date.

Care to deliberate on that? :)

I will take a look at your other post, but I am not sure I follow what the issue is...I reply there.

btw... cute kid... how old is she? :)
That Pic is at 5 months... She is now almost 8 months, and cute as ever...

AusMounty
03-29-2007, 10:26 PM
Mike, it is just I am the father of 2 boys... not so much boys as the eldest is a young adult and the youngest is a teenager... ;)

michael_s
03-30-2007, 10:05 PM
Teens seem so far off to me, but if the first 8 months are any indication, it will feel like it comes up very fast. :yes: