PDA

View Full Version : 1030 - Got error 28 from table handler

needatoner
05-27-2006, 07:25 AM
First off, I have looked in the forum and did not see anything about this error. If I overlooked it, please point me to it as to not waste anyones time for a problem that has already has been addressed.

I have just added 5000 products to my site (special thanks to the easy populate creator/s and oscmax for adding it standard...salute!). Now when I do a product search in the catalog section of the OSMAX admin, it return this error:

1030 - Got error 28 from table handler

select p.products_ship_price, p.products_id, p.products_model, pd.products_name, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status, p2c.categories_id from products p, products_description pd, products_to_categories p2c where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_name like '%c9704a%' or p.products_model like '%c9704a%' order by pd.products_name

[TEP STOP]

I googled it and was informed that it was a problem with 1. the diskspace on the server or 2. a bad table in the database and that I need to repair it. I started with number 2, because I am very happy with my host company (no really) and it was something that I could try myself. I repaired all of the tables in the mysql admin. It reported that it was a success, but still the problem.

I called my host and spoke with a rep that checked the server and looked in the database to see if any tables needed to be repaired. His tool came back with problems with the following tables :admin, counter, product_description and whos_online, but they could not repair the error.

I am a neophyte. I know not where to go next. Do I need to reinstall the OSCMAX package because all of the backups of the database do the same thing or is they something else that I can try first? I have looked in the tables with problems, but I don't see anything out of the ordinary....not that I would really know without the proverbial bite. Please Inform.

Corey
needateoner.net

needatoner
05-27-2006, 09:01 AM
Hopefully that sticky was not there when I posted this or it would have bitten me. Thanks for the "Sticky: Search Feature on Admin for catalog Crashes Server!!". It fixed the problem.