PDA

View Full Version : PayPal Encrypted mode not working!

robfor
05-24-2006, 05:46 AM
Have done exactly as it says in the PayPal setup article http://oscdox.com/index.php?op=modload&name=phpWiki&file=index&pagen ame=PaypalIpnOscmax

and it works fine when I choose to run without encrytion but when I set encryted to true in the paypal modul it wont work.

Error: Warning: fread(): Length parameter must be greater than 0. in /catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 388

just above the checkout button, if I insist on checking out anyway the paypal page says that it has encountered an error and that information is missing. Turn off encrytion and everything works fine again.

When the guy in the article testet it he didnt have encryption on so there are probably a thing or two still to say on the subject. I.e if you are to give people advice on how to configure paypal encrypted payments, be sure that you have gotten it to work yourself first.

But you can still follow the advice in the article for non-encrypted payments with paypal and of course skip all the make your certs instrutions since it wont work in encrypted mode anyway.

robfor
05-24-2006, 10:16 AM
Have done exactly as it says in the PayPal setup article http://oscdox.com/index.php?op=modload&name=phpWiki&file=index&pagen ame=PaypalIpnOscmax

and it works fine when I choose to run without encrytion but when I set encryted to true in the paypal modul it wont work.

Error: Warning: fread(): Length parameter must be greater than 0. in /catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 388

just above the checkout button, if I insist on checking out anyway the paypal page says that it has encountered an error and that information is missing. Turn off encrytion and everything works fine again.

When the guy in the article testet it he didnt have encryption on so there are probably a thing or two still to say on the subject. I.e if you are to give people advice on how to configure paypal encrypted payments, be sure that you have gotten it to work yourself first.

But you can still follow the advice in the article for non-encrypted payments with paypal and of course skip all the make your certs instrutions since it wont work in encrypted mode anyway.

The funny thing is that on my test store at home on Win XP I dont get the fread() error at all but I still get the paypal error (Sandbox mode) that some information seems to be missing but what information?

Is there somthing wrong with the certs? I have done it by the book so... fread() tries to read a file called encrypted.txt from the opensll working directory wich is defined in the settings for the paypal IPN, I have set the rights to 777 for that directory, wich is catalog/temp b.t.w.

My live store is located on a linux host machine so it might be something that differs, the path to opensll? Rights or?

robfor
05-24-2006, 11:51 AM
This is what the paypal developer forum has to say about the message 5302 missing information problem, wich is one of the 2 problems I have with encrypted mode in Paypal IPN. But the fread() problem is another thing...

---------------

get this message when using such a link with IE which truncates URLs at 2083 characters--my encrypted links are longer than this.

PayPal_FrankIb

Watch User

Re: "Message 5302" - pls. help!
Posted: 23 May 2006 13:38 PM
Rate this! 1|2|3|4|5 Reply

Hi soysauce1,

The 5302 error is being generated because the encrypted button code is not intact on the server. By that I mean the code for an encrypted button must be continuous from the beginning <form> tag to the ending </form> tag.

What has happened is either the editor or the server has formatted the button code by adding a line feed or a carriage return to some of the code.

This mostly happens at the end of the button code.

Two possible solutions, re-edit the code so that it is continuous from start to finish. Or, recreate another button, but this time make it a clear text button. The shorter lines of code will be more manageable by your editor or server.
--
Frank I.
PayPal Merchant Technical Support
https://developer.paypal.com
PayPal, an eBay Company

soysauce1

Watch User
Ignore User
"Message 5302" - pls. help!
Posted: 23 May 2006 11:53 AM
Rate this! 1|2|3|4|5 Reply

Hello,

we are a nonprofit theater organization trying to collect donations thru our pay pal account. Ever since i placed the paypal button, on and off we end up getting "Message 5302" and it doesnt work.

I regularly update the pages too as event/festival schedules change and etc. Is that something to do with that or do we have a huge problem with our account settings.

Any help is appreciated.

ash

robfor
05-25-2006, 12:53 AM
so I downloaded and tried with Mozilla but got the same old Missing information error from paypal, Message 5302. Very strange...

robfor
05-25-2006, 03:06 AM
so I downloaded and tried with Mozilla but got the same old Missing information error from paypal, Message 5302. Very strange...

Installed the latest PayPal IPN 1.2 contribution from www.oscommerce.com instead. That made encrypted mode work for me on my local test store (Win XP, IBServer setup) with the configuration recommended in the article for setting up PayPal 1.0

Dont know if it will solve the fread() problem on my live shop to, but thats another thing...

robfor
05-25-2006, 03:51 AM

Installed the latest PayPal IPN 1.2 contribution from www.oscommerce.com instead. That made encrypted mode work for me with the configuration recommended in the article for setting up PayPal 1.0

Dont know if it will solve the fread() problem on my live shop to, but thats another thing...

Nope! It did not solve the error I get on the order confirmation page on my live store thats on a linux host!

Warning: fread(): Length parameter must be greater than 0. in ...../html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 407

And I also get the same old Missing information error on my live store even with the 1.2 module installed. But they are probably related and must have something to do with writing permissons or something, but I have set the permission to 777 on my working directory so... what else can you do?

robfor
05-25-2006, 05:42 AM

Installed the latest PayPal IPN 1.2 contribution from www.oscommerce.com instead. That made encrypted mode work for me with the configuration recommended in the article for setting up PayPal 1.0

Nope! It did not solve the error I get on the order confirmation page on my live store thats on a linux host!

Warning: fread(): Length parameter must be greater than 0. in ...../html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 407

And I also get the same old Missing information error on my live store even with the 1.2 module installed. But they are probably related and must have something to do with writing permissons or something, but I have set the permission to 777 on my working directory so... what else can you do?

Okej, have found out that the fread() error on the order confirmation page depended on me having spelled tha paypal public certificate name as PayPal_cert.pem when it really is paypal_cert.pem. Linux separates big/small letters as we all know... Still get the bloody missing information error in encrypted mode on my live store....

robfor
05-25-2006, 05:59 AM
Okej, have found out that the fread() error on the order confirmation page depended on me having spelled tha paypal public certificate name as PayPal_cert.pem when it really is paypal_cert.pem. Linux separates big/small letters as we all know... Still get the bloody missing information error in encrypted mode on my live store....[/quote]

Well well well, havent launched my live store to the public yet so I have only been testing the payments in paypal sandbox mode witch is suppose to work exactly like real mode. Obviously it dont because with the same certificates and the same settings (almost) encrypted mode dont work in sandbox (test mode) but in live mode so my store now works with encrypted payments in real mode but not sandbox mode, and yes I am using the correct email and certificate number in sandbox mode to so my quess is that paypal aint got it all worked out in sandbox mode.

Over and out!