PDA

View Full Version : Affiliate Build-a-link Setup

Hanuman71
05-20-2006, 11:17 AM
Can someone please outline the steps you need to take in order to present affiliates with - say - a range of your own company's logos and have the system generate the HTML for them to cut and paste into their sites? I've read all the threads to do with Banner Manager, and there seems to be a bit of confusion which I'd like to clear up.

My understanding (and PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong) is that the problems highlighted in the thread 'Banner Manager Not Working' - to do with banner groups on the main_page - refers to OTHER SITE'S LOGOS ON YOUR SITE, whereas the Build-a-link page (affiliate_banners.tpl.php) refers to YOUR OWN SITE'S LOGOS FOR OTHER SITES TO DISPLAY.

Is this correct? And if it is, please let me know how to set one of my own company logo's up for build-a-link. I've tried placing my company logo in the 'banners' directory, but neither the banner nor any auto-generated HTML emerges on the affiliate_banners.tpl.php page.

Judging from a few previous posts, I may not be the only one benefiting from an answer to this!

Many thanks in advance.

Nick

Hanuman71
05-20-2006, 01:11 PM
okay - i'm an idiot. yet another example of 'know thine admin application'. for those who don't (yet), go to Admin/Affiliates/Banners.

I thank you.