PDA

View Full Version : Search doesn't work for me?!

gnolen
04-03-2006, 05:53 AM
Hi there,

I am almost done with a site and everything is populated but I have a major problem! My search doesn't work at all..

I search for something(tried title, description and other stuff) but it just says:

'Products meeting the search criteria'

and then just the back button and nothing else.

What can be wrong? I populated the product within the admin and not imported..

Thankful for any help I can get in this matter!

/ Snobba

jpf
04-10-2006, 04:36 PM
Betcha you have no catagories.....If you have items in the MAIN or base then there is no reason to seach as they are displayed in the main screen for your products.....If it not in a sub catagory then it is not searchable....

This is the default setting in OSCommerce. I am not sure if there is a posted fix - to force it to search in the main listing.

gnolen
04-10-2006, 09:27 PM
Thanks jpf!

But I have categories! And all the products are located under them!

So I just do not know? I also think it is very strange that you can't search the top products??

/ snobba

jpf
04-12-2006, 07:47 PM
Then I would say there is something wrong - verify all you files are correct and check your setting in the ADMIN. I can not reproduce this error other wise.

michael_s
04-13-2006, 07:49 AM
Post a url to your site... Maybe that will shed some light...

JonCloud420
09-03-2006, 07:53 PM
Betcha you have no catagories.....If you have items in the MAIN or base then there is no reason to seach as they are displayed in the main screen for your products.....If it not in a sub catagory then it is not searchable....

This is the default setting in OSCommerce. I am not sure if there is a posted fix - to force it to search in the main listing.

Hope you found an answer to your main question, but I have this exact issue. I have no categories, as all my products are grouped by manufacturer, yet I want customers to be able to search for product numbers and keywords, yet my search doesnt work.

Can I force it to?

- JonCloud