PDA

View Full Version : customer groups

joanstead
02-16-2006, 11:42 PM
I just made up some new customer groups.

I wanted to make some "specials" and I have to choose from my dropdown menu for which customer group to make that special for. So only when those customers log in, they will see their special price for a particular product. Is there a way to have specials for everyone, like the way it used to show up on my website before I added customer groups?

JoAn,

met00
02-17-2006, 11:37 PM
No. you have found a defect in the design of specials. There is no "all groups" option.

joanstead
02-18-2006, 06:09 AM
Is this something that should be addressed for the next version?

met00
02-20-2006, 02:44 AM
Actually, this will require changes to a number of files.

Since customers_groups.customers_group_id starts at 0 for retail you would have to make -1 = all groups

Then in specials.customers_group_id you would have to make sure you could write a negative number (currently and int(11) )

Then in specials you would have to add an <option> for that -1 value in the <select>

Then on the users side, when you check for customers_group_id you would have to add a piece to the query that gets all of that customers_group_id and any specials with a customers_group_id < 0

That would just about do it.

[assumption made is that the query is doing the selection of special using the group_id value, it MAY be in an if-then loop and if so you would add the check there. I just don't have the time to check it out now]

Joan, if you want to make this addition and submit it to the mod, go for it. 8)