PDA

View Full Version : Date for Final release for OSMAx2

kopoba11
01-30-2006, 08:14 AM
Folks, just a question. We are in CR2 since Nov, based on bug tracker there are no major issues. What is the plan to go to next release or/and final release.
Would like to know so we can plan our store upgrade, cannot wait.
I know people recommend to go with CR2 into Production, but I am a bit more conservative on that.

P.S. Thank you to all contributors

phlyersphan
01-30-2006, 01:39 PM
I too am curious - I'm planning a store implementation and would rather install a production version and not a release candidate. I'm not encouraged by what I've read about OSCommerce through 2005, and am worried that the project is not moving forward. In that case, I'd rather implement a different shop. Advice is appreciated.

groggory
01-30-2006, 01:59 PM
the project seems to go in swings. jpf and msaetek put tons of effort into the max version and do a great job at it. Yes, there are a few bugs here and there, but the bugs are generally in newer features. The shop is totally stable, just make sure to test before you impliment a new feature.

2.0 RC2 seems stable for production to me, but a few features do need to be carefully monitored.

MAX is the way to go. I checked out tons of other stores before I jumped on max, and it is the best by far. Anything else even close was a very expensive commercial program.

dixxy
02-02-2006, 08:23 AM
I have also been running Max 2.0 RC2 for commercial use now a long time and have about 10 shops running on this, totally stable and with no major errors that wasn't fixable. Though i reccommend to not install the update patch from end 2005, because this made me a lot of bugs. For commercial purpouse, run the plain osCMax RC2.

Thanx for your great work guys! =)