PDA

View Full Version : product/category description shows FCK editor url

Dumb_Question
12-28-2005, 01:49 PM
I have RC2 installed. I notice following in category/product description areas on admin side. It seems like it is the FCK editor site home page. Anyone else has this problem?

This HTML text editor brings to the web many of the powerful functionalities of desktop editors like MS Word. It's lightweight and doesn't require any kind of installation on the client computer.
Because it is Open Source, you may use it however you want.

Current Release

Support Open Source Software

Open Source software is a reality today and an important choice. We believe in it and we have been working on this project for years, to give you high quality software. So, take this chance to participate. Financial support is important for every development effort on any business model, including Open Source. What about a donation today? Click here.

Last News News Archive >>>

Check out:

* Who's using FCKeditor?

December 23, 2005 - FCKeditor 2.2 released (What's New?)
FCKeditor is now a “must have” editor. This version is even more stable, with many important bug fixings and new features, including native support for Python. Important additions have been also made to the JavaScript API.
With no doubts, FCKeditor is the most used web browser based text editor in the marked, with almost 50,000 downloads monthly. This version comes to certify the quality and affordability of this project. Enjoy FCKeditor and have a Happy New Year!
FCKeditor is the Project of the Month at Sourcerforge!
December 12, 2005 - Project of the Month at Sourcerforge!

It is pleasure to announce that FCKeditor has been elected the "Project of the Month" at Sourceforge, the well known and the most important Open Source related web site out there.
FCKeditor has been selected among thousand of projects hosted at Sourceforge, because of its quality and success as an Open Source project.
Check out the Sourceforge home page, or go directly to the dedicated page about FCKeditor.
We are planning an amazing 2006 for the project... and stay in touch... a new version is coming soon.

Compatibility

FCKeditor is compatible with most internet browsers which include: IE 5.5+ (Windows), Firefox 1.0+, Mozilla 1.3+ and Netscape 7+.

On the server side, FCKeditor offers a complete integration pack for:

* ASP.Net
* ASP
* PHP

* ColdFusion
* Java
* Perl

The editor runs over Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems.

Safari Compatibility Effort

Demo

Click the image to see the editor in action!

Start Demo

Our Team

The FCKeditor project is managed and maintained by Frederico Caldeira Knabben.
Many other dedicated people have worked hard to develop and improve the FCKeditor.

Find out more about us!

Features

* Internet Explorer 5.5+ and Gecko browser (Mozilla / Firefox / Netscape) compatibility
* XHTML 1.0 support
* Font formatting: type, size, color, style, bold, italic, etc
* Text formatting: alignment, indentation, bullets list, etc
* Cut, Paste and Paste as Plain Text, Undo and Redo
* Paste from Word cleanup with auto detection
* Link creation
* Anchors support
* Image insertion, with upload and server browsing support

* Table creation and editing (add, delete rows, etc) - one of the best systems in the market.
* Table cells editing (size, colors, etc)
* Form fields
* Right click context menus support
* Complete toolbar customization
* Skins support.
* Plugins support.
* Spell checker
* CSS support for better integration with your web site
* Multi-language support with automatic user language detection. Including Right to Left scripting.

Dumb_Question
12-29-2005, 07:06 AM
I realized i started noticing this after I put admin in SSL

Dumb_Question
12-29-2005, 08:42 AM
doesnt seem to be SSL related issue...removed admin from SSl..error still persists
Also, uploded FCKeditor directory from RC2 and then uploaded bugfixes...error persists..
is this a new bug?

Dumb_Question
12-29-2005, 09:27 AM
basically i can browse www.fckeditor.net through product/category description area in admin. I can insert any description but i can upload pics.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

jpf
12-31-2005, 10:22 PM
Did you edit or change any files?

I would RE-LOAD EVERYTHING FROM A FRESH COPY. (please backup first) WIPE ALL FILES and the DATABASE TOO! FTP or unzip all files to server. Make sure ALL FILES EXIST! Rerun ths install.

Does it still happen? if not then there is somthing wrong in you setup.

Dumb_Question
01-01-2006, 10:07 AM
Thanks and happy new year. I has someone install someone a few contributions. dont really want to reinstall.
Had this error before but the guy who installed the contributions fixed it in a minute . But then while trying to make some modifications, developed the db error. so had to upload the backup and with that came the fckeditor error. cant find the programmer -----------he has pretty much disappeared completely for me.

I uploaded the Fck editor directory from the stock oscmax with no success. it appears fck editor isnt getting in coprporated with oscmax.

Dumb_Question
01-01-2006, 11:13 AM
I suspect that this may be an issue with the path. Can someone tell me which file do i set path in.

Thanks

Dumb_Question
01-01-2006, 12:11 PM
another thing that i noted is that in internet explorer , i get 404 error in descriptions areas in admin