PDA

View Full Version : Yet another attribute stock question

landshark
12-14-2005, 05:07 AM
Ok let's see if i can explain this easily.

I have store in which I'm selling T-shirts.

In the near future I would like to be able to sell the same designs in different colors.

Of course each color will be sold in diferent sizes.

The only way I can figure to setup the attributes and still track the stock by attribute is as follows:

Product options:
Color/Size

Option Values:

Color/Size = White - Medium
Color/Size = White - Large
Colo/size = Black - Medium
Color/Size = Black - Large
etc...

What i want to do and haven't been able to figure it out yet or if it is even possible is set it up so that a person can select the color then the size is the following:

Product options:
Color
Size

Option Values:

Color:
White
Black

Size:
Medium
Large
Extra Large

And have it so that when a person selects white and we are out of Large large dosn't show up on the size list.

Is this possible?

I realize the first option will still get me to where i want to be but I want to be able to do it the seond way.

I also have another question but i am going to start another topic for that.

macfionn
12-14-2005, 11:15 AM
LS, osCommerce has such a mod available, i believe. Its called quantity_mod_1_2 and can be found here:
http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3302/category,all/search,quantity_mod

It will, of course, require a little bit of work to be primed for max,

Mac

landshark
12-14-2005, 11:46 AM
Mac,

Thanks for the lead. From reading the description it seems like it does the same as qtpro (which is pre installed with osCMax).

At this point I have no problem with tracking qty stock per T-shirt design because I only have 1 color per design so it is simple to track just the sizes.

My problem is going to be when I sell "T-shirt A" in both white and black and will need to track the color as well as the sizes.

I guess the way it would have to be is have the size as a sub attribute to the color. I can live with the color or size not being removed from the option list when there are none left and simply say "out of stock" etc.

Thanks for the help.

macfionn
12-14-2005, 11:56 AM
ah.. I follow you. sorry for the mislead. :/

landshark
12-15-2005, 08:49 PM
does anyone have any sugestions?

pimpelon
01-16-2006, 05:47 AM
I have same problem... anyone fixed this yet?

groggory
01-25-2006, 04:31 AM
I was just reading through the QT Pro manual, and I think I found your solution.

Under Configure>Product Information , in the admin, change the 'product info attribute display plugin'. I am going to quote the manual here, but I think you would like to use the 'sequenced dropdown' option...

Sequenced Dropdowns

The Sequenced Dropdowns product attribute display plugin is similar to the Multiple Dropdowns plugin. The key difference is that the user is forced to select attributes in sequence. For example, if a product has color, inseam and waist attributes the customer must first select a color from the in-stock colors. Once a color is selected the customer will see the in-stock inseams available in that color. Once the customer selects an inseam the customer will see the in-stock waists for the color and inseam previously selected. This way the customer can only select in-stock attribute combinations.

There are no options for the product attribute display plugin.

<<Screenshot of Sequenced Dropdowns Product Information Page>>

----

Then under attribute manager, add the attributes to the product from each category,

then under that item, update quantities.. using the 'stock' button

----

If you want to see this in action, check out my site, http://www.upupandawaykites.com/tshirt-p-2.html , this is a test site so I will leave this up for a good portion of the day. Then I'm going to change the site back to the way I need it configured for my purposes. So you had better be following your own thread! lol. god its early, i need to go back to sleep