PDA

View Full Version : 2 osCMax-2.0RC2 issues

macfionn
12-11-2005, 06:11 PM
In regards to osCMax-2.0RC2-update051112:

2 issues I wish to see if other can replicate:

1: 'Buy Now' link prompts the following error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

delete from customers_wishlist WHERE customers_id=2 AND products_id=

[TEP STOP]

2: 'Enlarge Image' link not is showing on product page, therefore no image other than the thumbnail can be viewed.

This is a default install, with a modified template. However, I have tested the default template to verufy I didnt muck things up and errors still generated.

Feedback please? Even if to say that 'I am running same version and it works for me'?

Much appreciated.

Mac

michael_s
12-11-2005, 08:09 PM
1. Cannot replicate on RC2 plus the update. Works fine for me.

2. Not an issue. You need to set up mopics. see the docs:
http://oscdox.com/index.php?op=modload&name=phpWiki&file=index&pagen ame=DynamicMoPicsSetup

macfionn
12-11-2005, 08:39 PM
1. Cannot replicate on RC2 plus the update. Works fine for me.

Thank you for replying.
It appears this is already a known issue as it has been made a sticky:
http://oscdox.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-5439.html

This SQL error still exists in the 2.0 C2 issue, however, sarahjessica appears to have posted a fix. I have used the below modification and can confirm it has resolved this specific SQL error:

The fix for product_listing_col.php does not fix the SQL error because the problem is actually coming from includes/application_top.php - the database query is wrong. To fix it, change this:

Code:
// performed by the 'buy now' button in product listings and review page
case 'buy_now' : if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) {
// BOF: MOD - Wish List 2.3
if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_WISHLIST . " WHERE customers_id=$customer_id AND products_id=$products_id");
tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_WISHLIST_ATTRIBUTES . " WHERE customers_id=$customer_id AND products_id=$products_id");
}
// EOF: MOD - Wish List 2.3

to this:

Code:
case 'buy_now' : if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) {
// BOF: MOD - Wish List 2.3
if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_WISHLIST . " where products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['pid'] . "' and customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "'");
// Begin Wish List Code w/Attributes
tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_WISHLIST_ATTRIBUTES . " WHERE customers_id=$customer_id AND products_id='" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['pid']."'");
}
// EOF: MOD - Wish List 2.3

Thanks sarahjessica. ;)

Mac

macfionn
12-12-2005, 11:10 PM
Quote-
"Not an issue. You need to set up mopics. see the docs:
http://oscdox.com/index.php?op=modload& ... oPicsSetup"
-End quote

Michael, I don't think of myself as an ignorant person, nor do i refrain from seeking answers for myself. I have used all the search terms I thought relevant to setup the mopics before I posted my request for assistance. Please be assured that my settings are identical to the letter to the ones posted in that 'tutorial' with the exception of {a}... i wanted it numerically based, though that point is currently moot as I cant even get my one single picture to display any larger than a thumb on that products page, much less multiple pics. (again.. no view larger image link provided):

* Big Image Types: jpg
* Thumbnail Image Types: jpg
* Extra Image Pattern: imagebase_{1}
* Big Images Directory: images_big/
* Thumbnail Images Directory: thumbs/
* Main Thumbnail In "Thumbnail Images Directory": false

So my 'MoPics' has been configured properly. And I assume this is to work in conjunction with the default admin uploader and not FTP nor FCKeditor (Though yes.. I realize it can work in conjunction with FTP).

That tutorial does not go through the hows.. but mainly the whys. Whoever wrote it, Im grateful they took the time... but I do not follow their manner of tutorials. No slight towards the author whatsoever.. but it spends too much time on patterns, and not enough on setup, usage and basic understanding.

Am I to assume once my settings are as they are (again.. see above), that everything is suppose to fall into place, and the images I upload through the product uploader are now to go to the pre-determined folders? My pics are all uploading into the default image folder... not the set subfolders as dictated in the MoPics settings above.

Does Mopics auto-create the thumbnail based on the single large image you upload and place it in the thumbs/ directory while placing the large picture in the images_big/?

Where does the IMAGES option under configuration fit into all of this?:
Small Image Width 100
Small Image Height Info
Heading Image Width 57 Info
Heading Image Height Info
Subcategory Image Width 100 Info
Subcategory Image Height Info
Calculate Image Size true Info
Image Required false Info

And how about the admin/configure.php: define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');

Theres a lot of fingers in the 'image' pie, and my head is swimming trying to chase this tail.

Now granted... this may be a non-issue to you, but until I can comprehend this methology and correct the problem, it is an issue to me. Please dont misinterperate me... Im not trying to be difficult in ANY way.. and I sincerely appreciate your responding to me. Im just trying to fix this problem because it directly affects the food I put on my familys table... surely you understand.

To this end, may I please request a better form of understanding on the process involved here so I can get to the bottom of this?

Thank you.

Mac

macfionn
12-13-2005, 02:04 PM
If 'anybody' would have some insight into the above, it really would be appreciated.

Mac

macfionn
12-14-2005, 10:43 AM
Ok.. is msasek the ONLY resource available for oscmax??

macfionn
12-18-2005, 09:50 AM
Problem still stands. Glad this is a 'non-issue', michael.

groggory
01-02-2006, 08:43 PM
I don't have time to go all through it, but here's a quickie...

Dynamic mopics does NOT autogenerate thumbnails. You have to do that, then upload the thumbs and Big's to the appropriate directories and name them according to the proper naming scheme. Dynamic mopics will recognize the namign scheme and make them show up in your store.

This method works best when used in conjunction with something like an adobe photoshop action to resize your images properly in a batch action set.

Good luck. If this doesn't help you post back and I'll see if I can help you out some more.