PDA

View Full Version : eMail notbeing sent after purchase.

elscr01
12-08-2005, 02:58 PM
My OSCMax site is currently not sending confirmation emails after the customer completes a transaction. Further investigation shows that even trying to send individual emails from within OSCMax does not work and I get the following error:

Access Denied

No Right Permission Access
Please contact your Web Administrator to request
more access or if you found any problem.

As I am the Web Administrator, can anyone point me in the right direction of getting this fixed? Any help much appreciated.

Regards
Craig

landshark
12-14-2005, 05:43 AM
This happend to me as well. I also would like to know if there is a fix.

michael_s
12-14-2005, 08:27 AM
I fixed Craig's issue for him. Basically he was using an incorrectly formatted email address in the admin panel that was causing remote servers to drop or bounce the email that was being sent.

The correct format for the From email address is :

Email Name <email@address.com>

His admin access denied error was due to a separate admin configuration issue that just required him to assign file access to the mail.php file through the admin panel.

landshark
12-14-2005, 08:33 AM
Thanks, I'll check to see if my setting are right

landshark
12-14-2005, 08:58 AM
It seems to be set correctly. I also should note that it was only the order notification that was not sent. I seem to remember it working while i was testing but I did not recieve notification of my last order, neither did the emails in my "send extra order emails to" list. I am waiting for another order to confirm and just continue to check ever day to see if i have any new orders.

the "emai address" block that is right above "email from" should be just my email address correct?