PDA

View Full Version : Display More New Products on Main Page

HipHopServers
12-04-2005, 10:11 AM
How do I make the site display more products on the main page? I have tried making mods from the OSC main site to achive this but the script is so diffrent its hard to figure out where to change the code to get the results you want.

I also notice that on the stock install the site prints the header of the New Products for the month of ??? twice if you have no new products added. Then once you added a product it prints only once. I would like to fix that too because it should show the text "No New Products this Month" or simular text.

HipHopServers
12-05-2005, 09:09 PM
I would really like some help on this issue can anyone offer assistance?

HipHopServers
12-08-2005, 08:55 PM
I just need to know how to make the site show more then the three items for new products of the month. The default setting is three items and there is no editible setting to show more items..

michael_s
12-09-2005, 03:24 AM
Search the forums, this has already been answered... I searched new_products since that is the filename for the new products box.

My thinking goes like this: find all posts related to the new_products box...hmmm the easiest search would be on the filename for that box...what is the filename, I wish I knew it... just a guess, but it might be new_products.php, so I will just search on new_products....

Your answer is: look in your admin under configuration:

Admin :arrow: configuration :arrow: Mximum Values :arrow: New Products Module

found in this thread on the first page of results by doing the above search:
http://oscdox.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-4647-highlight-newproducts.html

You should also just go digging through the admin to see what features are there, or better yet read the admin docs:
http://www.oscdox.com/?op=modload&name=phpWiki&file=index&pagename=Admin Configuration

I searched the osCDox Guide for New Products and that page came right up as the second page in the search...

HipHopServers
12-12-2005, 09:28 PM
Thank you... That did it...