PDA

View Full Version : gift voucher problem, no checkbox

Sander
10-31-2005, 11:28 PM
hey,

im having problems with gift vouchers.

i have a gift voucher, i entered the code during checkout, it says i now have 14 dollar as a gift.

but how do i use it now?

there should be a checkbox to say to use the credit but i dont see it during checkout.

what could be wrong?

michael_s
11-01-2005, 04:15 AM
Did you edit the template for that checkout page? You may have removed the GV code by accident.

Sander
11-01-2005, 11:49 PM
yes i have editted the page a bit, but i did not remove the GV code because i can still see the field where i should enter the number and the button.

and you mean this code?
<?php
echo $order_total_modules->credit_selection();//ICW ADDED FOR CREDIT CLASS SYSTEM
?>

thats still here..

or do you mean something else?.

michael_s
11-02-2005, 06:16 AM
Could I see an example url? That would help.

Sander
11-02-2005, 06:24 AM
http://carmedia.alternetinternet.com/catalog/

i have pm'ed my account infor so you can login with a 14 dollar gift

michael_s
11-02-2005, 07:29 AM
Try switching to one of the default templates and see if it works.

Also try downloading the RC2 package and replacing the checkout_payment.php and checkout_payment.tpl.php files on your site with the originals.

You may also want to try switching the default language to english to rule out missing language definitions...

Sander
11-03-2005, 02:33 AM
i abssolutely cant just overwrite files, the whole checkout procedure is high modified for specific customer wishes.

but weird thing is he said the check box was there

it just disappeared without any serious changes

michael_s
11-03-2005, 09:29 AM
If you modified the checkout process, that is what broke it. It would have been nice if you mentioned that from the start. Can't help if you won't backtrack your changes... Good luck to you...

Sander
11-03-2005, 11:55 PM
sorry i just put back the original one and it still doesnt work.

this particular file wasnt very modified at all, but with the original..still no go

davem
12-05-2005, 12:44 AM
Sander,

Try reversing the sort order in the order total modules. What I found was that for some reason gift vouchers had to be after coupons.

I know this might not be ideal if you use both because the discount would be applied before the gift voucher. As I am only using gift vouchers it is not causing me any concerns.