PDA

View Full Version : How do I get rounded box corners in Fallback?

bigjimbo
10-27-2005, 07:46 AM
I'm a newbie and I'm loving osCMax! One thing that I have not been able to figure out and I have not been able to find it in the forums is how to get rounded corners on the info boxes. I have found instructions on how to do it in OsCom, but I'm using the fallback template and it seems to be a different deal. Can anyone help please?

michael_s
10-27-2005, 10:36 AM
You need to edit the box that you want the corners changed. Find or add these variables to your box:

$corner_left = 'rounded';
$corner_right = 'square';

Change rounded or square to as needed...

bigjimbo
10-27-2005, 02:13 PM
Thanks Michael but I have looked into the box files in includes\boxes directory and when I check categories.php for example, it already has the corners assigned like this:

$boxHeading = BOX_HEADING_CATEGORIES;
$corner_right = 'square';

but my boxes in Fallback are coming up with square corners nevertheless...

When I look in the template directory and specifically in boxes directory within the fallback directory, I can only find one file and it is: box.tpl.php so there aren't any files for each box in here. Am I looking in the wrong places?

michael_s
10-27-2005, 02:48 PM
Change corner_right to rounded, or simply replace the square .gif with the rounded one in your images dir, so even though it calls the supposed square gif, you have replaced it with an image that is rounded. There are many ways to get this done without editing any code at all.

bigjimbo
10-27-2005, 03:35 PM
I solved it! Perhaps this is not the correct way of doing it, but it works for me. I simply copied the round box corner gifs from the original Oscommmerce files and placed them into the images\infobox directory in my osCMax installation and then changed the "square" to "rounded" command as per your instructions at it all fell into place. The problem is that there are no rounded corner gifs in the directory to start with so it doesn't really help if you simply write in
in the PHP file.

Thanks for you help Michael!

It's looking good!