PDA

View Full Version : I'm going nuts with this; lots of questions; I need help!

puggybelle
10-25-2005, 05:54 PM
I saw in one of the tutorials how to replace the OSC header and insert my own logo.

I want to know to insert the logo on the top left and then add some comments about my store to the right of that...so it all fills up the header.

And what is it with this chick that 'hangs over' the screen even after I replace the OSC header? I can't get rid of her! She spills over into the main page.

Even when I use that FCKeditor and try to manipulate the page, she still hangs over on the new screen. Do I really have to use that god-awful editor or can I just go into the file....somewhere...and do what I want? I want to add a table of photos but all of the code I insert into the editor just comes out as....code.

I use OSC 2.2 on my other site and that's a walk in the park compared to this. Sorry. I'm tired of messing with this already. I really thought that after the steep learning curve with OSC 2.2 that I could breeze right thru this one...and it just ain't happening.

jpf
10-25-2005, 07:01 PM
Edit mainpage.tpl.php in any WYSIWYG editor....

puggybelle
10-26-2005, 07:33 AM
But, what's the filepath I should be using to get to mainpage.tpl.php? I don't want to edit it out of that link in admin.

I think I'm just very confused about the file structure. With my other OSC shop, I would just edit catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php

But, this file you referenced...is in many locations. I'm confused about the templates. That file exists in all the templates in catalog/templates. Am I supposed to be selecting a certain template? I just don't understand how to begin this.

I'm not as dense as my questions might suggest. I just don't understand the file structure of OSC Max yet.

puggybelle
10-26-2005, 08:08 AM
I found Michael's post about selecting a template.

In the admin under Configuration, click on Default Template Directory and change the directory name to the actual template directory name you want to use

Problem is....I go into Admin and I have no such category under Configuration. There is no Default Template Directory in my Admin. Am I missing a file?

I have all of the original folders/files that I used to FTP the software to my site. Which one should I be looking for, to reinstall perhaps?

puggybelle
10-26-2005, 10:45 AM
I figured out my problem. Apparently my FTP client must have went insane during the upload of this software; I was missing tons of things. So, I believe I have all of that straightened out.

So, I found the place in Admin to switch the templates. I'm using the Fallback one.

I've been able to manipulate everything except the background color. Here's what I'm typing in:

BODY {
color: #000066;
margin: 0px;
background: url (images/back2.jpg);
}

The background is in the Images folder as back2.jpg

Why won't it load?