PDA

View Full Version : Add one big image in the "Other images for this product

chrisrex
10-23-2005, 08:54 AM
Hi All,

Can anyone please tell me how I can add one big image in the "Other images for this product" box.

I also would like to have "Click to enlarge" function on the image.

Many thanks for all help!

chris

[wicked]
10-23-2005, 11:40 AM
chrisrex, few things you have to do....

We are going to use a picture(product) called sample for the picture and lets say your max is installed in /shop ok :wink:

1) ADMIN SETTINGS:
Log into /shop/admin and goto Configuration > DynamicMoPics and make sure the settings are like this:-

Big Image Types: jpg, gif
Thumbnail Image Types: jpg, gif
Big Images Directory: images_big/
Thumbnail Images: Directory thumbs/
Main Thumbnail In "Thumbnail Images Directory" false
Extra Image Pattern: imagebase_{a}

2) You have added a picture when you created a new product.. now make a bigger size image of that picture and plop it into the shop/images/images_big/ That gives you your bigger images when they click "Click to enlarge" ::NOTE:: your thumbnail pic and your larger pic MUST have the same name+extension. i.e. sample.jpg

3) The small image you want in the "Other images for this product:" box is: sample_a.jpg (small in shop/images/thumbs/) Then put the same image (but bigger) in
shop/images/images_big/

ALL DONE!
summary for above:
sample.jpg = our image when adding a new product.
shop/images/thumbs/sample_a.jpg = smaller image
shop/images/images_big/sample_a.jpg = larger image

chrisrex
10-23-2005, 02:08 PM
Many thanks for your quick response! I am amazed about how many fantastic people there are in this forum that take time to help!!!

Have a grea day wicked!

paulzag
10-26-2005, 05:34 AM
]chrisrex, few things you have to do....

2) You have added a picture when you created a new product.. now make a bigger size image of that picture and plop it into the shop/images/images_big/ That gives you your bigger images when they click "Click to enlarge" ::NOTE:: your thumbnail pic and your larger pic MUST have the same name+extension. i.e. sample.jpg

3) The small image you want in the "Other images for this product:" box is: sample_a.jpg (small in shop/images/thumbs/) Then put the same image (but bigger) in
shop/images/images_big/

ALL DONE!
summary for above:
sample.jpg = our image when adding a new product.
shop/images/thumbs/sample_a.jpg = smaller image
shop/images/images_big/sample_a.jpg = larger image

So does this mean I have to physically upload the changed images to those directories?

If so, rats! as I just want a staff member to use the web-based interface, not give them access to my host.