PDA

View Full Version : flash.swf in header only want to load once?

badadz
10-16-2005, 08:27 PM
Hi!

i have added a flash.swf file to my header logo everything is working great

But i dont want the flash.swf to keep reloading everytime i click on a

link to a nother page with in the site. How do i fix this? Any Help please

"Great Forum Full of information" :wink:

jpf
10-17-2005, 06:42 AM
Use Frames...... With OSC/osCMax (which does NOT use frames) -every link goes to a "new" or a "refresshed" page - thus it reloads the flash......

With the template structure of osCMax - create a new template with a header with all your flash and static links needed (like buttons for "cart" "checkout" etc...) but remember when clicking on these to LOAD in the below frame. Put every thing ELSE into a frame below....

Or use the HARD CODED links options......

That is why MANY sites have a fancy FLASH intro but then only use limited flash in there main site.

Good Luck

Good Luck

michael_s
10-17-2005, 08:12 AM
Another option is to make a template for your main page, and a separate template for all other pages...

Say, have main_page.tpl.php used for the top page of your catalog, that loads the flash, then have main_page2.tpl.php used for all other pages in your site, and it loads a static image instead. Should be pretty easy to implement...

badadz
10-17-2005, 11:09 PM
Ok Thanks Guys,

But i am sorta a "Moderate Newbie", If you could post Some LInks For Me that would help much would be apprechated...

"Yer Thats all i want is a flashy heading but hey if its too hard i can live with it reloading " :wink: