PDA

View Full Version : Template sending me mad

mogsta22
10-09-2005, 05:57 AM
I have amended my template in Dreamweaver and when I preview it over there it looks good.
I uploaded to my server, put some information into Define Mainpage and then previewed my front page of my store. I appear to have some cells or boxes in there. I don't see where they are coming from and am at my wits end to see them gone.

If you want to see go to www.mypleasureisland.co.uk - Warning there are some adultish images so don't look if you offend easy.

regards

Mogsta

michael_s
10-09-2005, 06:21 AM
They are spacer images - pixel_trans.gif.

Look in your templates for instances of it...

mogsta22
10-09-2005, 11:12 AM
Thank You for trying to help Michael.
I have now spent 10 hours trying to sort this out and have got nowhere. I have searched every template file in every directory but I cannot see where pixel_trans.gif. is being called from. I know that when I look at the source code of my pages it is there but from where.

I must be totally stupid as I am sure this should be easy to get rid of!

regards

Mogsta

michael_s
10-09-2005, 12:06 PM
You haven't searched through every template file...

Here is a tip: Get a text editor that searches accross files and it takes maybe 10 seconds to find every instance of pixel_trans.gif in every osCMax file.

Line #22 and 28 of fallback/content/index_default.tpl.php

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>

mogsta22
10-10-2005, 11:33 AM
You haven't searched through every template file...

Here is a tip: Get a text editor that searches accross files and it takes maybe 10 seconds to find every instance of pixel_trans.gif in every osCMax file.

Line #22 and 28 of fallback/content/index_default.tpl.php

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>

Silly me, I didn't think it would be in the Fallback directory as I am using the AAbox template with changes made by myself. I now need to go through the fallback directory and edit all the files in there for this piece of unwanted code.

Many thanks for your help.

regards

mogsta